Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First ever custom attempt - finished article

FIRST ATTEMPT AT A CUSTOM CAR, PLEASE DONT LAUGH

Huge THANKS Conrad for images, lets just say i cant wait for decent decal paper to arrive!

That looks good DW - a very nice first attempt (now tell us how many times you had to re-strip the paint and start again!!!)

What clear coat solution did you use? Did you try the wheels? They're a nightmare to do! I'm struggling with painting the white wheels for the Apple I'm doing - the glossy paint I'm using is covering up the holes int he rims! I may see if I can get a car that already has white wheels!

Comment

I wish I had the time to try something like that. I would have to drop the kids off at their grandmother's house on my days off and I don't think that would go over very well... Still a few years until they start school.

signature courtesy of BomBom77
      http://www.pixarcarsdiecast.com/foru...ars-for-trades

Comment

I'm currently trying bobbyjack and to be honest it doesn't take up that much time (assuming you have the images ready or something simple).

Providing you have a safe area away from the kids you can do the majority of it in a week spending only 10 minutes per evening as it's a step by step process...

Comment

Not sure I have the patience either...

signature courtesy of BomBom77
          http://www.pixarcarsdiecast.com/foru...ars-for-trades

Comment

Looking good, dumbleweed...

I don't have the proper tools or supplies... I tried drilling out the rivets, but a 1/4" drill bit isn't large enough... and I really don't think I have the patience either.

My artistic talents are in music, not in painting or building... I don't have the patience... I sent cvc1968 2 Duff Wrecks and some decals to create 2 WGP trucks... GotFrank has turned created some custom racers for me using Kmart Cars and other singles... other friends have helped me out with some customs...

I did manage to create some custom Cars Christmas ornaments for my Cars Christmas tree... that's about the extent of it.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

Originally posted by cac1959 View Post
              Looking good, dumbleweed...

I don't have the proper tools or supplies... I tried drilling out the rivets, but a 1/4" drill bit isn't large enough... and I really don't think I have the patience either.

My artistic talents are in music, not in painting or building... I don't have the patience... I sent cvc1968 2 Duff Wrecks and some decals to create 2 WGP trucks... GotFrank has turned created some custom racers for me using Kmart Cars and other singles... other friends have helped me out with some customs...

I did manage to create some custom Cars Christmas ornaments for my Cars Christmas tree... that's about the extent of it.
              once iv mastered the process Sir Chris, would love to send you something!

Comment

Looks great Chris!
                Way to keep at it; it will only be a matter of time until we all start asking you to do customs for us
                I will soon have some decal paper to send you- it makes all the difference

Comment

nice one, dont think I could do that, so i,ll stick to run of the mill bought stuff

Comment

Very nice! I'm going to try to see if I can custom a #121 Cluth Aid into a Mac iCar :P

Comment

Wow, Chris. Color me impressed. For a first try (or even a tenth), that is a good looking car. One thing you need to work on- somewhere during the process it seems like maybe you shook the car too hard or something---the eyes have gone sorta googly. (:

Comment

LOL Chris Soda, and great job Chris DW.

Comment

Great first attempt!
                          ...Nice pinstripe Sally...

Comment

Working...
                          X