Disney Store UK/Europe as bad as Mattel UK/Europe

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disney Store UK/Europe as bad as Mattel UK/Europe

Planes the movie is released Aug 6 in US and Aug 13 in UK.

26 May in the US...

11 June in the UK and France...

Dear...
    Thank you for your email regarding Planes Merchandise.

We at Disney UK do not have the exact dates for the launch of Planes Merchandise here at our online store or at retail stores. As soon as this product does arrives in stock with us, it will be made available to purchase online .

With Kindest Regards,
    Abbie
    My Favourite Disney Character is Minnie Mouse"

I guess apathy and incompetence isn't just confined to Mattel

Do they think that putting that last line in that email makes it more appealing or "in touch" with the product or customer base?

After all, Minnie F**king Mouse? Grow up Abbie! lol

Comment

I think i should stop collecting,,,

Comment

What's galling (apart from that cringeworthy sign off) is they claim to have no advance warning of their OWN line of products being available. Not even offering an estimate timescale either like "late June or early July".

And dont get me started on that frankly unbelievable line of "when they arrive from the manufacturer, we'll know about it". That they're all over the US now in stores just rubs salt in the wound.

Comment

you should reply stating as such Enz!

Fire off an email to Disney US HQ enquiring how their international arm have no clue what the continental US arm is doing and its divisive!

Comment

Originally posted by Bombom77 View Post
            you should reply stating as such Enz!

Fire off an email to Disney US HQ enquiring how their international arm have no clue what the continental US arm is doing and its divisive!
            I very much doubt they would give a "rat's ass" as they say over there.

Comment

Yes!! Planes are here in the Disney Store U.K!! The staff said they were only put out this morning. Not much of a selection, only four 2 packs to choose from but £12.50 for two isn't that bad a price. I walked away with racing dusty and Ripslinger. Go get 'em folks!

DISNEYPLANES.jpgPLANES.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by VANDANCE View Post
                Yes!! Planes are here in the Disney Store U.K!! The staff said they were only put out this morning. Not much of a selection, only four 2 packs to choose from but £12.50 for two isn't that bad a price. I walked away with racing dusty and Ripslinger. Go get 'em folks!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]2422[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]2423[/ATTACH]
                That's just bizarre. I was actually in Cribbs DS on Monday night and got the same old stock response "no idea, later this summer"

Sad to see they've gone down the Cars route also, no singles or acrylic cases. And where's the deluxe?

Comment

Originally posted by Enzo View Post
                  That's just bizarre. I was actually in Cribbs DS on Monday night and got the same old stock response "no idea, later this summer"

Sad to see they've gone down the Cars route also, no singles or acrylic cases. And where's the deluxe?
                  Gutted for you Enzo, I went in with the sole intention of asking the staff for an update, I surely didn't expect to find Planes in the metal! The lady that served me said that Planes had been playing second fiddle to Monters Univerity, so Planes has not been 'promoted' in the same way yet. Again the lady could tell me no more and didn't know if they had the Mattel range due in or not. It might be they will stock the acrylic cases / Deluxe but it's still very early days yet. Hopefully you will get the chance to get up there soon? Good luck!

Comment

No worries mate, I'm not gutted as I'm really only after the deluxe (Top Gun jets and Hector Vector heli) plus maybe Skipper and Chug. So the twin packs don't really appeal. Maybe if Turbo Dusty was in there.

Not liking the crappy Mattel-like blister packs either, why they can't sell the boxes seen in the US I have no idea.

Comment

As for the whole Monsters Uni, suspect that the toy range (and movie itself, the plot very Americanised and not a patch on the truly original first film) won't be anywhere near as popular as they think it will. I've seen hoardes of stuff sitting untouched for the last month now.

Planes will be much bigger but clearly Disney UK don't have a clue.

Comment

Yeh I wanted the Top Gun Jets too! Not to worry then mate - I'll be back on here as soon as the Mattel versions are spotted in the shops. Nothing new on the Cars side either at Cribbs today so I picked up Planes rather than going home empty handed

Comment

Originally posted by VANDANCE View Post
                          Yeh I wanted the Top Gun Jets too! Not to worry then mate - I'll be back on here as soon as the Mattel versions are spotted in the shops. Nothing new on the Cars side either at Cribbs today so I picked up Planes rather than going home empty handed
                          From all the indications so far, Mattel planes look much poorer quality than their DS counterparts.

As for Cars, I noticed that the DS had just put out their series 7 2-packs.
                          Last edited by Enzo; 06-19-2013, 03:40 PM.

Comment

Yep , I saw those 2 packs haning in the Disney Store Cribbs but I only collect the Mattel brand Cars. They also had Chauncy Fayres and the Red Land Rover left over, reduced to £6 on a seperate peg.

Comment

Working...
                            X