PCD is back up - new version of vBulletin forum software has been installed

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PCD is back up - new version of vBulletin forum software has been installed

Greetings all... the website is back up... it went down sometime after midnight Tuesday with a database error... I contacted the hosting company and asked if they could restore the database... they did but it did not make a difference...

I contacted the person in the UK who got the site back up again in 2015 when we had troubles - he said that he'd look into it... he's gotten it back up but needs to check into a few things that may not be working right.

I contacted a few members by PM or Facebook Messenger to let them know that the site was down and that we were working on it but did not have the ability to get back into the site to send out PMs to all... I also posted on our PixarCarsDiecast.com Facebook page that the site was down... website hosting fees for the year are due by the end of the week; it's my full intention to keep the site running for another year.

Thank you for supporting PCD.

Chris
    Trade from rossibutton

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

It's alive!

Comment

’I’m glad to see it back!

Though, I will be fine with the new look.
      Last edited by SamB2003; 04-23-2018, 12:43 AM.

Comment

And what’s with the Stu/Intro Ramone pic in your post though? :/

Comment

Originally posted by SamB2003 View Post
          And what’s with the Stu/Intro Ramone pic in your post though? :/
          This new version of the vBulletin forum software appears to have some different features than the previous version... I wanted to see about including a photo...adding up to 5 photos from the hard drive in a post is the limit - that was simply a photo that came up when I went to add a photo.

A small new Respect the Classics article has been added today as well.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

I see. Thanks for the reply though!

Comment

Home sweet home! Now I need to find something cool to post about...!

Comment

I paid the website hosting fees for the next 12 months earlier this morning... If anyone would like to make a small contribution I'd greatly appreciate it

I'm still working on learning more about the new version of the forum software... I may stay with using attachments to post photos - while research indicates I may be able to increase the number of photos/attachments in a post, following the directions does not seem to work... of course, maybe I don't need to be posting long articles anymore.

This new version of vBulletin is supposed to be more consistent across mobile phone and computer environments.

Comment

Mmm... I'd be more amicable to switching to mobile platforms. If people wold figure out how to hold the phone when shooting video. BBC News has capitulated to the directionally challenged with a vertical viewing broadcast. Blarg! Movie screen => 4:3 square TV = Letterbox => 16:9 TV (improvement) => To "I can't be bothered to rotate my phone." Backsliders shouldn't get to drive! On a semi-related note. The Band name Devo is an abbreviation for devolution.

Looks like the emoticons (They had a name already, looking at you "emoji" users, turn your phone!) aren't working quite right on this new software.
                  The award-winning BBC news app now supports vertical video, designed to fit your lifestyle, with easy-to-consume content on the go.
                  Last edited by GotFrank; 04-24-2018, 11:54 PM.

Comment

When I first went on the new site, the header with the logo on it didn’t appear. :/

Comment

Working...
                    X