No announcement yet.

Not Good news: Photobucket is getting ready to go away again: October 14, 2019

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not Good news: Photobucket is getting ready to go away again: October 14, 2019

As GotFrank and many others know, Photobucket changed their terms of service several months ago and stopped allowing users to hot link photos from their Photobucket accounts into websites such as PixarCarsDiecast.com unless they paid a $400.00 yearly fee... $400 per year is way too much money for most of us to spend on a service that was available either free or at an inexpensive price... I hadn't even looked at my Photobucket account for months.

I just learned from Jerrod Darrow at the Disney Cars Diecast Club Facebook group that Photobucket has changed their terms of service again and that they allow linking of photos once again... I checked a few posts made by myself and others and have confirmed this.... this is great news for forums such as PCD... although many people only seem to be using social media such as Facebook.

Here's an oldie but goodie from years ago from my Photobucket account:

Here's the PCD custom racer:
    Attached Files
    PCD custom racer

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Great news, someone must have been sacked. Or had a head / tailpipe-ectomy.

Comment

October 14, 2019... Photobucket looks like they are going to be limiting free accounts once again... I received e-mail notification over the weekend that my premium account services have expired... I would need to go with either an intermediate account or an expert account just to go with the number of photos I currently have on Photobucket... and I've uploaded less than 10 photos in the last 2 years.

For 3rd party hosting - such as embedding Photobucket photos on a website such as PixarCarsDiecast.com, a paid subscription plan is required...

I think I need to verify that I've got every Photobucket picture I've got stored locally on a hard drive.

Sigh...

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

Never used Photobucket to upload my photos anyways. I do that sometimes with the built-in photo thing when you make a post.

Comment

I haven't used Photobucket recently, but I need to verify that my thousands of photos are on my computer and I will need to do a lot of editing of old posts to not lose the photos... and others, including one who passed away last month used Photobucket as well.

Comment

I went ahead and converted my Photobucket account to an Intermediate account earlier this week... I just uploaded some photos to it... check out my latest article in the Respect the Classics series at: http://www.pixarcarsdiecast.com/foru...n-eli-turnpike

Comment

FYI... 12/27/2019... Photobucket had a major hardware failure caused by a power outage last week... I've not been able to get to my saved photos in a week... I hope they'll refund money for the month based on not being able to access my stored photos... this is impacting many people, not just me.

Comment

Wow, even happier I didn't give those bait & switchers any money.

Comment

Working...
                X