Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PixarCarsDiecast.com hosting fees are due (April 29, 2021)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PixarCarsDiecast.com hosting fees are due (April 29, 2021)

Please read the latest update in post #9 in this thread.

The PixarCarsDiecast.com website is getting ready to celebrate our 8th anniversary... founded on May 1, 2011, it's close to our 8th anniverary... and the hosting fees for the PixarCarsDiecast.com website for the next 12 months are due by April 28, 2019... Total cost is 65 Great Britain pounds which is approximately $85 in US dollars... I did not ask for contributions last year and paid the fees out of my pocket... My wife does not want me to continue to pay 100% of the fees myself .

Any contributions would be greatly appreciated... I'll award prizes in a random drawing open to anyone who donates $5... my PayPal address is carter.chris at yahoo.com (remove spaces and change the word at to the at symbol)

The following photo contains the 2 prizes:

1st Prize:
    A set of 3 Frosty racers: Neon Frosty, Ice Racer Frosty, and Carbon Frosty

2nd Prize:
    A 2 Car set: Ice Racer Frosty and 1 Target Exclusive RS Team Lightning McQueen

Shipping costs are the responsibility of the prize winners.

We have a small but loyal following on the website... we have more active members on the PCD Facebook page but we are also one of many Facebook group pages devoted to Disney/Pixar Cars.

Thank you for your support of PixarCarsDiecast.com over the years and thank you in advance for your support this year.

Chris

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

The PixarCarsDiecast.com website is getting ready to celebrate our 8th anniversary... founded on May 1, 2011, it's close to our 8th anniverary... and the hosting fees for the PixarCarsDiecast.com website for the next 12 months are due by April 28, 2019... Total cost is 65 Great Britain pounds which is approximately $85 in US dollars... I did not ask for contributions last year and paid the fees out of my pocket... My wife does not want me to continue to pay 100% of the fees myself.

Any contributions would be greatly appreciated... I'll award prizes in a random drawing open to anyone who donates $5... my PayPal address is carter.chris at yahoo.com (remove spaces and change the word at to the at symbol)

The following photo contains the 2 prizes:

1st Prize:
    A set of 3 Frosty racers: Neon Frosty, Ice Racer Frosty, and Carbon Frosty

2nd Prize:
    A 2 Car set: Ice Racer Frosty and 1 Target Exclusive RS Team Lightning McQueen

Shipping costs are the responsibility of the prize winners.

We have a small but loyal following on the website... we have more active members on the PCD Facebook page but we are also one of many Facebook group pages devoted to Disney/Pixar Cars.

Thank you for your support of PixarCarsDiecast.com over the years and thank you in advance for your support this year.

Chris

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

Thank you to those who have donated so far to support PCD - we're almost 2/3 of the way to the $85 total

Comment

As usual I'll offer a custom billboard for a $15.00 USD donation & shipping cost.
        Many styles available, pics on request.

Example:
        https://www.ebay.com/itm/29250585449...84.m1555.l2649

Comment

Originally posted by GotFrank View Post
          As usual I'll offer a custom billboard for a $15.00 USD donation & shipping cost.
          Many styles available, pics on request.

Example:
          https://www.ebay.com/itm/29250585449...84.m1555.l2649

Awesome, GotFrank! Thank you.

I went ahead and paid the web hosting fees this weekend... I've collected $80 in donations including one person who donated $30 (I'll send you information, GotFrank)... I'll allow donations through the end of the day on Tuesday and hope to do the prize drawings on Wednesday night.

Comment

Sounds great, thanks all!

Comment

Thanks to all who donated to the website hosting fees... we ended up raising a little bit more than the $85 total.

I did the drawing Wednesday night... I recorded it and uploaded it to the Facebook group page - at 146 MB in size I think it's too large to show here on the website.

1st Prize winner: Dale Wilson

2nd Prize winner: Scott Bush (aka BigMOCats)

The prizes for Dale and Scott have been taken to the mail room at work and will go to the post office a little later today.

I'll look into doing another contest or 2 during the month of May as we celebrate the start of our 9th year on the PCD website.

Comment

Hey BigMo congrats! That's cool, glad to see a vet win something.

Comment

April 29, 2021 update: I paid the 2020 website hosting fees out of my pocket back in April 2020... and a couple of days ago I paid the 2021 website hosting fees for the the next 12 months.

We have very little activity on the website any more... too many people post on Facebook groups and don't check out the website.

The good news is that fees were less money this year - the new hosting company charges 29.99 GBP (Great Britain pounds) for the hosting fees for the year and evidently last year I paid for 2 years of the domain registration fees so that is also taken care of until the end of April 2022.

May 1st will be the official 10th anniversary of the founding of www.pixarcarsdiecast.com

Chris

Comment

Thank you Chris for all your efforts, believe it or not, I still get my latest Cars info from here (as well as a few other sites), always great reading posts on finds, new models and cases etc, looking at photos, hearing about Cars hunting in other countries. Congratulations on the 10th anniversary of www.pixarcarsdiecast.com!

Comment

Working...
                    X