Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Target 11 pack: 6/8/19: No reason for me to buy it (7/13/19)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Target 11 pack: 6/8/19: No reason for me to buy it (7/13/19)

I found the newest Target 11 pack at an Indianapolis Target store yesterday, June 8, 2019... I did not buy it - did I do the right thing?

Made in China... here are the 11 Cars in this box set.

Mater with Lightning Bolt has been in 2 other Target 11 packs that I have.
    Ponchy Wipeout as blue eyelids as opposed to the black ones on the first singles release and other releases.
    Carl Clutchen - the made in China version has not been released in the US...
    Rex Revler - we've seen loads of this single.
    Floyd Mulvihill - previously released as a launcher, I already have.
    Chase Racelott - previously released as a single and in other boxed sets.
    Lightning McQueen - we've seen this one as a single and in boxed sets.
    Jackson Storm - almost everyone has too many Jackson Storm
    Ryan Inside Laney - has been released as a single and in boxed sets.
    Cam Spinner - the more I think about it, the more I think that the Made in Thailand version is the only one that's been released in the US.
    Barry DePedal - previously released in the Target Next Generation 4 pack

So out of 11 Cars, there are 3 made in China that have not been released in the US and one (Barry DePedal) that was very limited... if you didn't buy the launchers, you would not have Floyd... I have not opened a Floyd launcher yet.

Will I buy it when I see it again? Who knows.

Note the new packaging - the box is basically white... next time I see it I'll take additional photos of the box.
    Target 11 6/8/19

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

It is necessary, it is necessary to buy. At least for the sake of the right variant Ponchy Wipeout (blue eyelids variant).

Comment

Originally posted by Sapfir View Post
      It is necessary, it is necessary to buy. At least for the sake of the right variant Ponchy Wipeout (blue eyelids variant).
      Thank you for your reply, Sapfir... I originally decided I was not going to buy this boxed set... but the more I think about it I probably will buy it... The Ponchy Wipeout with correct color eyelids is new... I don't have an opened made in China Carl Clutchen... I haven't opened a Floyd Mulvihill launcher so I could open the boxed set and sell the launcher... The Barry DePedal may be a variant due to the rear window bars... and this is the first release of the made in China Cam Spinner... Mattel could have made a couple more changes to increase the desirability of this boxed set - including the Piston Cup version of Speedy Comet would have been great...

We'll have to see what happens.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

Bought my Lightning Bolt Mater of eBay. Still don't have the metallic decal Nitroade... Helpful for both arguments.

Comment

Update: 6/18/19: Someone posted photos showing a couple of the "newest" 11 packs with the Ponchy Wipeout with the black eyelids... if I didn't buy the 11 pack with the blue eyelids variant I'm definitely not buying the 11 pack with the black eyelids original Ponchy Wipeout... shame on Mattel.

Comment

Update: June 21, 2019... so it turns out that the Chase Racelott in this new 11 pack is a metallic finish variant (like the metallic finish Tim Treadless in an earlier 11 pack)... so now this a must add to my collection - I love the metallic finish Cars.

Comment

So here's the latest update on the newest Target 11 pack... I saw it again Wednesday night at an Indianapolis Target...

I don't think the Chase Racelott is a metallic finish Car; I think it's another case of a variant compared to the first release... But I don't know.

Here's the Ponchy Wipeout with the blue eyelids.,, note the rims are yellow.

I still have not opened made in China versions of Carl Clutchen and Cam Spinner.

I passed again at the $44.99 plus tax retail price... it's going to have to go on sale before I purchase it.

Comment

July 13, 2019... Looking at the following 2020 singles from the French eBay site from seller 06benal06, there's no reason for me to buy this newest Target 11 pack:

2 new singles plus Ponchy Wipeout with blue eyelids is a 2020 single...

Comment

Working...
                X