Update from Chris (6/18/19) - updated 9/27/2019

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Update from Chris (6/18/19) - updated 9/27/2019

My wife and I were planning on being on vacation in the Wisconsin Dells area this past weekend... but it didn't happen... I was cutting the grass Wednesday night and experienced chest pains, shortness of breath and tightness in the back of both arms... we went to the emergency room at the local hospital and after a few tests I was admitted and placed in the cardiac unit... heart attack... 99% blockage in the left anterior descending artery (also known as the widowmaker)... Thursday morning I had a heart cath and the doctor inserted a stent... I was released from the hospital on Friday and I'm starting on the cardiac rehab and additional medications... I'm going to be off work until the middle of July... I'm definitely not taking life for granted now.

I urge those of you over the age of 40 or with family history of heart disease to get those tests done if possible... I thought by using my exercise bike every day that I'd be fine... I thought by taking my blood pressure meds and cholesterol meds I'd be fine... I thought wrong.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

You got this buddy!

Comment

Thanks for the health reminders cac1959, hope you have a speedy and steady recovery!

Comment

Sorry to hear of your health problems Chris. I’m over 40 and do take life for granted in the main. I really hope you improve and get better very soon and go on to make a full recovery. All the very best to you and the family

Comment

Thank you for the wishes... I greatly appreciate the thoughts and prayers... it's easy to get caught up in the moment and take life for granted... I am showing improvement but still have a ways to go... Cheers.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

July 3, 2019... I'm making good progress on my recovery from the heart attack I suffered 3 weeks ago... I visited with my cardiologist today... good news - 3 weeks after my heart attack, almost all restrictions have been lifted... my heart sounded good... I need to wait a little longer before cutting the grass (we only have a pushmower) or going bowling... and I need to limit hard activity outdoors during the heat of the day... but I can resume riding my exercise bike, can go swimming, and do more of my normal activities... I plan on returning to work in the middle of the month... thank you for your thoughts, prayers, and well wishes... Cheers!

Comment

Runs like a Deere!!! Had no doubts here. Tenacious and unstoppable like the mighty Mississippi, Chris rolls on! (Sorry had to work in John Deere & the Mississippi. I can throw a rock and hit either one from here ;-) but it's all still applicable!)

Keep it up buddy!

Comment

Good to hear with your recovery, all the best again! Keep us posted.

Comment

It's now been 7 weeks since my heart attack... I've been back to work for 3 weeks... still a little limited in what I do but I've come a long way... I still tire a lot more easily in the sun and the heat than I did before... I've completed 16 of 36 cardiac rehab sessions so I'm not quite half way done...

Comment

Good to hear Chris, keep it up! Always great to read your posts!

Comment

Agreed, keep on that rehab!

Comment

Update: September 27, 2019... I completed the 36 session cardiac rehab program last Friday... I'm down 20 pounds since mid June... I'm going to look into joining a gym this weekend... I'm committed to staying smart with my diet, getting quality exercise, and more... I encourage others to use what I went through as a wake-up call to you... I don't want anyone to have to go through what I went through this summer... my follow up appointment with my heart doctor is in less than 2 weeks.

Cheers!

Comment

Glad to hear Chris! I'll consider my biscuit and gravy intake.

Comment

Working...
                          X