Cars 3 Metallic Paint Cars

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cars 3 Metallic Paint Cars

Metallic paint Cars have always been my favorites - that includes Cars from the first Cars movie as well as Cars 2 and Cars 3... and while I wish Mattel would finish series that they start and don't, I'm happy to have any metallic paint Car that they release.

We'll start this topic by looking at the Metallic finish next generation racer, Tim Treadless, aka Nitroade.

The non-metallic Tim Treadless was released in the first Cars 3 singles case back in May 2017... it quickly became a pegwarmer... we've seen 2 releases of the Metallic Tim Treadless next generation racer... in the US, it was released as a variant in a Target 11 pack... in Europe, it was released as a single on the original Cars 3 cardback - my friend DaFickser (Rhalf) from the Netherlands bought the single for me - I was excited to add it to my collection.

I hope we will see more Cars 3 racers released with metallic paint ... While I'd love complete sets of both Piston Cup racers and Next Generation racers, I'll take any that are released... And while I much prefer singles to 11 packs with one metallic Car, I know me... and if the only way I can get a metallic racer is in the boxed set, I'll buy it.

Thanks for reading.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

That is a beautiful car, didn't even know that a metallic version existed. Hope we'll somehow see it offered as a single in future.

Comment

Up next... Scavenger Hunt Metallic Florida Ramone... Ramone has had many different paint jobs throughout the 3 Cars movies... this is one of my favorites.

I'm sure there are other paint jobs Ramone has had in the Cars movies that haven't been released yet... low and slow...Go Ramone go!

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

Here's Scavenger Hunt Metallic Lightning McQueen, before and after the opening:

Comment

That metallic Ramone is beautiful. Couldn't find one in the wild, had to get one off eBay!

Comment

Originally posted by Bombolo View Post
            That metallic Ramone is beautiful. Couldn't find one in the wild, had to get one off eBay!
            I agree with you, Bombolo... I have bought a few Cars off eBay myself - that often seems to be what triggers finding it in a store or a friend finding it for me in a store.

Comment

I've opened even more metallic Cars yesterday and today... Here's a picture that shows the metallic Cars I have opened in the last week:

The purple Apple iCar is a custom made by PCD member Scavenger.

I still haven't opened Scavenger Hunt Rex Revler, Nick Stickers, or Shannon Spokes even though I have multiples of each... I will open those soon.

I still haven't opened Scavenger Hunt Sally or Dino Draftsky - I currently have only one of each... I usually don't open a Car I only have one of unless there is obvious damage to the cardback or blister.

I will add replies showing pictures of the individual Cars in the coming days/weeks.

Comment

Here are a few photos of Metallic Cruz Ramirez... I think she'd look better if the mirrors were metallic - they are not.

Comment

I opened 3 more Metallic Paint Cars yesterday... here are pictures of Nick Stickers:

No stickers on the passenger side of the Car...

Flats happen? As in Rascal Flatts?

Did anybody get that license number of that green Car that just went by? 235NW - thanks!
                  Attached Files

Comment

Here's Metallic Shannon Spokes:

My, what big eyes you have Shannon!
                    L

License plate: RSN PKS.

Comment

And here's Metallic Rex Revler:

I say I'm a Race Track Treat... therefore, I must be!

I now have opened all of the newer metallic Cars that I have duplicates of...

Comment

Here's photos of the Scavenger Hunt Metallic Sally - I opened her today, July 1, 2019:

She's currently my favorite Metallic Car... thanks to Michael Condiracci from the PCD Facebook Group for pointing out that her eyelids are not metallic finish - I knew the mirrors were not metallic finish.

License plate is 301PCE... Date Code on the bottom of the Car is M14A.

She is beautiful but if only she had metallic eyelids and mirrors.

Comment

Here are a few more photos of Metallic Sally:

If you look at the above picture you can see that Sally's eyelids are not the metallic paint.

Comment

That's one nice looking Sally!

Comment

Originally posted by cac1959 View Post

I agree with you, Bombolo... I have bought a few Cars off eBay myself - that often seems to be what triggers finding it in a store or a friend finding it for me in a store.
                              Haha, a bit of a conundrum! I've never had that happen yet though.

Comment

Working...
                              X