Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New at US Target Stores: Fan Favorites (July 20, 2019)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New at US Target Stores: Fan Favorites (July 20, 2019)

July 20, 2019... New at US Target stores... Cars Fan Favorites.

These are taking the place of the Fireball Beach Racers... I think it's ingenious of Mattel to include new accessories to sell Cars that otherwise would not sell... it appears that so far the Target distribution centers are breaking up cases to send 2 to 3 to stores... I haven't seen any in a store yet but my closest Target is 50 miles away.

The DPCI is 087-07-7927 but they don't show up in inventory checkers yet... the price checkers don't have them but the cash registers do.

Team 51 Ramone (photo by Ferris, used by permission)

Team 95 and 51 Maddy McGear (photo by Scavenger used by permission)

Team 95 Mater (photo by Scavenger used by permission)

Team 95 and 51 Sheriff (photo by Omar Sran used by permission)

Team 95 Sarge

Others coming include:

Dinoco Cruz Ramirez with Tool Box
    Flo
    Luigi/Guido

Looks like these will be $4.99 each - the same price as the Fireball Beach Racers that they take the place of on the pegs.

I will add more photos once I have some of them and see them in the stores... I see myself buying one of each but getting 2 of the Ramone.

If your US Target store doesn't have them yet... they are coming...
    Attached Files

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Here's a photo from PCD Facebook member Brian Bucher showing several of the releases:

He has found all of them except for the Ramone.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

Looking forward to getting that Ramone, the rest are a bit ... underwhelming, but...who am I kidding, I'll probably get them as well if I see them!

Comment

Originally posted by Bombolo View Post
        Looking forward to getting that Ramone, the rest are a bit ... underwhelming, but...who am I kidding, I'll probably get them as well if I see them!
        I agree with you, Bombolo... new castings and new paint jobs are nice... adding a flag/sign/accessory to the same Car is disappointing to most collectors... I have to travel 50 miles to get to my closest Target... but I know me and I'll get one of each and possibly 2 Ramones for my collection... I do think that they will show up in other countries as well...

Comment

Thanks to Robert Shaw, we learned today that the full case of the Fan Favorites singles contains 2 of each of the following:
          Team 95 Sarge - x2
          Team 95 Mater -x2
          Cruz Ramirez With Tool Cart -x2
          Team 95 & 51 Maddy McGear -x2
          Team 95 & 51 Sheriff -x2
          Team 51 Ramone -x2

That's a pretty good case assortment.

We also learned today that there is a 4 pack that contains Fabulous LIghtning McQueen (not a fan favorite single but it looks like the original Fabulous Lightning McQueen), Maddy, Ramone, and Mater.... the last 3 are Fan Favorite singles... I think I'll buy the 3 singles and skip the 4 pack... I don't need the nice background picture showing the Cars fans... Why Mattel, why?

Picture courtesy of Karla Fernandez... used by permission.

Comment

I made a quick trip to Dayton last night... the one Target I stopped at had a few Fan Favorite singles:

I also bought the 2 Drag Racers since they were the 2 that come one to a case in the first case.

Comment

Update: July 2, 2020... Wave 2 of the Fan Favorite singles, which includes Guido/Luigi and Flo, are out... I found both at an Indianapolis Target store a few weeks ago... they are now made in Vietnam... that's the only time I've been in a Target store in the last 4 months.

Earlier this week, friends in Arizona and Virginia sent me pictures showing that their stores have now put the Fan Favorites Cars (singles and 4 pack) on clearance... that means that Target has probably discontinued them... I wonder what they will carry next?

Comment

Working...
              X