Mattel Cars: Made in China, Thailand, and now Vietnam

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mattel Cars: Made in China, Thailand, and now Vietnam

Thanks to RCCars5 for mentioning this recently... Mattel Cars are made in China, Thailand, and Vietnam... look at the back of the box on top:

The newest Walmart 5 packs are now made in Vietnam... I have not bought either of them yet.

You can see the extra yellow on the hood of Brick Yardley (Vitoline):

There are some differences.

There appear to be differences with Lightning McQueen as well.

I can't see myself buying the 5 pack with common Cars just to get some slightly different variants... whether I buy this 5 pack and return the original since I'm sure I have made in China version of all 5 Cars I don't know... I might buy the made in Vietnam 5 pack containing Leakless because I still only have one next generation Leakless.

Did Mattel move production due to the tariffs on items made in China? What do the production codes look like now? Will other items that were made in China or more recently in Thailand be moved to Vietnam? Time will tell.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

They are sans the Thailand eye shadow lines.

** You're not going to collect them ALL.

Comment

Originally posted by GotFrank View Post
      They are sans the Thailand eye shadow lines.

** You're not going to collect them ALL.
      No, I'm not going to collect them all... I will buy something made in Vietnam so I can check out production codes but I've got too many Cars as it is... but don't let my wife know that I know that.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

Working...
      X