New feature: Throwback Thursday

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New feature: Throwback Thursday

February 13, 2020... Throwback Thursday... NFS/NFT... there have been a few times over the years that Disney Parks have had some special Cars... I believe these were the first ones... Pirate Mater was a Deluxe Car...

Goofy Mater and Mickey McQueen was a 2 pack... I got 2 sets from friends... I opened one set... somewhere I have carded ones... if I remember right, retail prices were $19.99 and $24.99 plus tax at Disney... on top of that there were postage costs to have them mailed... these Mater are fully diecast - some Mater had plastic truck beds.

Before today I didn't realize that Goofy Mater had the floppy ears to go along with Goofy's hat.

Production code: Day 017 of 2011 at the EAA factory for all 3 of the Cars.

How many of you have some or all of these 3 Cars in your Cars collection?

Here is a photo showing the front and the back of the Pirate Mater Car:

Here is a photo showing the back of the Goofy Mater/Mickey McQueen 2 pack card:

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

I'll bite... This should be about circa 2011.
    supercon (164).jpg
    Attached Files

Comment

One of the best pictures of Cars I've ever seen, GotFrank... thank you!

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

Thanks Chris, one of these days I'll Photoshop in the desert background.

Comment

That's a great Radiator Springs photo!!

Comment

Thanks!

Comment

It's Thursday. Unfortunately, the Mattel Metal Mini-Racers that I collect don't have much of a heritage as they are a rather recent toy line. Nevertheless, I'll contribute on this Throw-Back Thursday by featuring two cars that were the first customs that I ever purchased. They came from Eli, but I never knew whether they were prototypes of some sort or just 3D-Printer exercises from a collector/hobbyist. I know that Eli stocked a number of each of them at the time.

Here is Impound-Boot LMQ (not perfect, as it's the Cars 3 design with a customization that harks back to the original Cars (1) Movie, but hey that's what was available to work with) and Cone-Teeth Mater (from a cartoon episode). I have to store Cone-Teeth Mater on his side because his top hat cone is too tall for my case.

Comment

Back when I knew how many Cars we had...
                100_1503.jpg

Comment

You had a nice collection of Pitties going there...

Comment

Originally posted by FischAutoTechGarten View Post
                    It's Thursday. Unfortunately, the Mattel Metal Mini-Racers that I collect don't have much of a heritage as they are a rather recent toy line. Nevertheless, I'll contribute on this Throw-Back Thursday by featuring two cars that were the first customs that I ever purchased. They came from Eli, but I never knew whether they were prototypes of some sort or just 3D-Printer exercises from a collector/hobbyist. I know that Eli stocked a number of each of them at the time.

Here is Impound-Boot LMQ (not perfect, as it's the Cars 3 design with a customization that harks back to the original Cars (1) Movie, but hey that's what was available to work with) and Cone-Teeth Mater (from a cartoon episode). I have to store Cone-Teeth Mater on his side because his top hat cone is too tall for my case.
                    Awesome, FischAutoTechGarten! Great story behind the first customs you purchased... Cone Teeth Mater is too tall for your case - I'd love to see a picture showing your mini racers in your case.

Comment

Originally posted by GotFrank View Post
                      Back when I knew how many Cars we had...
                      100_1503.jpg
                      And I thought I was the only one who didn't know how many Cars I have, GotFrank!

Comment

Sorry for not posting for this week's Throwback Thursday until Saturday night, 2/22/2020... over half the IT staff at my university was out with the flu Thursday and Friday and those of us who were there were swamped...

I used to check out the Toys R US website to see what was new or what was supposedly coming in the way of Cars... From 2014, here's an 11 pack as well as what appears to be Milton Calypeer (which was not released as a Radiator Springs Classic single) and Costanzo Della Corsa (which was released as a Radiator Springs Classic single after first being a Target Final Lap release)...

I saw the 11 pack in stores many times but never bought it... no new Cars and no Cars I'd even consider rare... the RSC singles were never $6.99 retail - I want to say the regular price was $4.49... but $4.19 would have been a small discount.... I miss Toys R US - even though I had to drive over 50 miles to get to the closest one, I felt as if I were a kid when I would go in and walk around.

Comment

February 27, 2020... Throwback Thursday... Whether you've been collecting Cars since they first came out, for the last month, or a length of time in between, you need to thank Martin Arriola, the man who originally designed the Disney Pixar Cars made by Mattel that we have grown to love... In addition to his labor of love for Cars, Martin also designed other toys for Mattel and has supported non--profit charities over the years by donating autographed merchandise to be used as fundraisers... I've been fortunate over the years to acquire some of Martin's autographed Cars items for my collection.

Autographed display case with UK Promo Faux Wheel Drive:

Autographed Chase Chuki:

Close-up of autographed Chase Chuki:

Autographed Chase Mario Andretti:

Close up of autographed Chase Mario Andretti:

No Stall launcher with certificate of authenticity:

Not for sale... not for trade... but enjoy looking, and thank Martin for all he did for the world of Cars.

Martin is also an amazing artist - he currently has some Cars items available on eBay that include some of his artwork...

Here's an eBay link to a list of items Martin has available for sale... https://www.ebay.com/sch/mr-toypro/m.html?item=153687009709&hash=item23c875a9ad%3Ag%3 AvcUAAOSwiv5dp0Wj&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2562

Comment

SDCC Lightning Storm McQueen with Martin Arriola artwork:

While I'd love to add this to my collection, it's more money than I should spend at this time.... Chris
                            Attached Files

Comment

Wow, that LSMcQ art is amazing! Great pics Chis.

Comment

Working...
                              X