Stay Safe and Be Smart (March 17, 2020) - update 1/13/2021

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stay Safe and Be Smart (March 17, 2020) - update 1/13/2021

Happy St Patrick's Day! Life is often more important than Cars and this is one of those times... with the COVID-19 (novel coronavirus) pandemic spreading throughout the world) Cars are not really important... People worldwide are getting sick and dying... businesses are closed... non-essential businesses have been ordered shut down... in the last 72 hours the US has gone from no gatherings of more than 1000 then 500 then 250 then 100 then 50 then 10... Schools and universities are closed... our county and many others have level 2 travel restrictions which means essential travel only (to and from work, to medical appointments/facilities, to the grocery).... our medical professionals are being bombarded with patients... it is a scary situation.

Please stay safe... please be smart... if you don't feel well, don't go to work... if you cough, cough into your elbow (inner arm)... drink plenty of water - stay hydrated...above all else, protect others - your loved ones, your colleagues, your friends, your neighbors.

I may have the opportunity to work from home some during the next few weeks - some of my work I prefer to do in person at the computer but I may not be able to do so.

Take care, everyone... we want to hear from you in the future.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Our back and forth NOB <-> SOB lifestyle has caught us this time. Our home NOB is rented out to snowbirds/golfers until April 1st. So, we are holding up in our 400 sq ft casita SOB (Alamos, Sonora, Mexico), limiting contact with folks (there have been no reported cases anywhere near us, but then I'm not convinced that any real testing is occurring either).. We learned yesterday, that as of yesterday, once we cross we are automatically subjected to 2 weeks mandatory quarantine. Too hard to just drive to the US and stay in hotels for 15 more days, as we have two dogs and a cat. This morning, we are trying to pay off the renters so they will cut their trip early and return home, as everything in our home NOB (Green Valley, Arizona, USA) is closed up anyway. That will permit us to begin the slog home tomorrow (10 hour drive counting border wait). Here's hoping we just get to go home tomorrow... (tapping my ruby red slippers)
    Last edited by FischAutoTechGarten; 03-20-2020, 03:59 PM.

Comment

I hope and pray that you get to go home, FischAutoTechGarten... it's a scary situation that none of us thought we'd ever have to consider...

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

Happy 2021!

The day after Christmas both my wife and I started feeling under the weather... fever, chills, feeling achy, dry cough, fatigued... not fun... went in Monday 12/28 for COVID tests... I finally started feeling better on 12/31 the day I received my test results - positive... We continued our isolating... colleagues from her job delivered some groceries for us and I had Dominos deliver.

My isolation ended on 1/5/2021 and since I'd been symptom free for 5 days I returned to work on 1/6.

I wear a mask when I am out in public - I may not like it but I'm willing to do my part to help protect myself and others... being kind to and considerate of others is something we all should do
        I anticipate getting a COVID vaccine when I get the opportunity... there's more living that I'd like to do... we thought we were being careful but COVID still found us... we were lucky that our symptoms were mild and that we appear to be making a complete recovery.

Take care and stay safe.
        Chris

Comment

Chris, my wife and I had a similar experience. We were so careful... But we got infected in November just around our town... 3 possibilities on a Saturday... take out a restaurant (of course I had a mask), a trip to home depot (of course I had a mask), or getting something out of my outdoor storage unit early in the morning without a mask because I was completely alone...until some stranger came up to me to make small talk... by Wednesday afternoon... felt bad... Got tested and self isolated. It took until the following monday to get the results.... positive (good thing we self isolated). So imagine... about 9 days from contact until we received test results.... my goodness, I'm glad we had stayed home... and then self isolated when we didn't feel good. of course.. we did contact the restaurant and store in case we had passed it on to anyone there.

Anyway, we had it 18 days(counting from the day before we tested.. the Tuesday). kept our sense of smell and taste. had incredible headaches, total body aches, very tired (upwards of 3 naps a day for a bit), tight chest and congestion, but able to breath. friends delivered groceries for us too. probably took another 2 weeks after to regain strength and not feel so exhausted all of the time.

It will be nice when everyone can get the vaccine. Also looking forward to a bit more recovery of the economy... I ended 2020 earning about 30% less than 2019. However, many fared much worse. Yikes.

I'm glad you didn't have severe symptoms and that you both are recovering.
          Last edited by FischAutoTechGarten; 01-14-2021, 05:07 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X