Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

June 15, 2020: It's Contest Time on PCD!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• June 15, 2020: It's Contest Time on PCD!

It's contest time! Thanks to a gift, PixarCarsDiecast.com is giving away a banner made for the world premiere of the first Cars movie which was May 26, 2006 at Lowe's Motor Speedway in Charlotte, North Carolina.

Each day this week you will have an opportunity to enter to win... today, June 15, 2020 you can enter by ranking the 3 Cars movies according to your favorite - see my sample entry below.

Postage is the responsibility of the contest winner.

I plan to hold a random drawing on Monday June 22, 2020.

Thank you for our prize donation... you may enter on the Facebook page as well as on the website.

Here are larger photos of the banner - I received one as a gift and am working on putting it up on the wall in my study... Cars room.

The world premier was May 26, 2006 - over 14 years ago!

This is what I see when I look at it in the package - you'll need to unfold it after removing it from the plastic cover.

Note the tag: Copyright 2006 by Disney/Pixar... was it that long ago?

I did not realize that Kodak sponsored the event.

Good luck! I'd like to see many contest entries.

Chris

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Contest entry: my ranking of my favorite Cars movies is Cars, Cars 3, Cars 2... Cars is my favorite.

PS - I am not eligible to win the contest.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

Contest Entry: My ranking of my favourite Cars movies are... Cars, Cars 3, Cars 2, with Cars as my favourite.

Comment

Contest entry: Cars, Cars 2, then Cars 3. Cars 2 was very different from the first film and interesting characters like Finn, Prof Z, the Gremlins made for some GREAT diecast probably which is why for me the film comes second. Cars 3 film is awesome, especially the next Gen racers and demo derby.
        Last edited by VANDANCE; 06-15-2020, 05:57 PM.

Comment

It's contest time, day 2! Thanks to a gift, PixarCarsDiecast.com is giving away a banner made for the world premiere of the first Cars movie which was May 26, 2006 at Lowe's Motor Speedway in Charlotte, North Carolina.

Each day this week you will have an opportunity to enter to win...

Today, June 16, 2020 you can enter by posting a short story describing when you started collecting Cars and why you started collecting Cars... See my sample entry below.

Postage is the responsibility of the contest winner.

I plan to hold a random drawing on Monday June 22, 2020.

Thank you for our prize donation... you may enter on the Facebook page as well as on the website.

Cheers!

Comment

Day 2 contest entry:

I started collecting back in 2006... my oldest grandson, who was 4 at the time, was with me at the local Meijer store... he saw a Cars display and said "Papa, buy these for me, please... and for you too"... I did... and the rest is history... he outgrew them, but I never have... 13 years later my now 7 year old grandson likes Cars and Planes... and I still do too!

Comment

Contest entry: Cars 2, Cars, Cars 3 - with Cars 2 being my top pick. I must admit I got into Cars die-cast collecting due to Cars 2 - the huge cast of interesting and often clever character designs, inspired by different countries and cultures, got me hooked. I then went 'back' to Cars, and continue to be a Cars fan. Not part of the official trilogy, but would like to give a special mention to the excellent Toons series.

Comment

The Toons (Mater's Tall Tales) will be used to enter the contest later this week... watch this thread for details!

Comment

Contest entry day 2 - I started collecting in 2006 as my lad was 3 at the time. I first saw the Cars diecast on the hot wheels forum then found my first cars in TRU a few weeks later. Now I have lost count of the Cars in my treasured collection and still get excited to find Cars in shops

Comment

Contest entry day 3 (June 17, 2020)... please rank your 3 favorite Mater's Tall Tales, in order, from the 11 listed below (Note: the Radiator Springs 500 1/2 is part of a different series, Tales from Radiator Springs)

Rescue Squad Mater
                    Mater the Greater
                    El Materdor
                    Tokyo Mater
                    Unidentified Flying Mater
                    Monster Truck Mater
                    Heavy Metal Mater
                    Moon Mater
                    Mater Private Eye
                    Air Mater
                    Time Travel Mater

Comment

Contest entry day 3 - wow...this is near impossible for me, I love all the Tall Tales. Each short segment is crammed full with a colourful cast of characters and designs. At risk of being disqualified - I rank each one a Number 1! Sorry, no clear favourite for me!

Comment

Contest Entry Day 3: While I love all the Mater's Tall Tales, ranking my favorite 3, in order, El Materdor (1), Time Travel Mater (2), Rescue Squad Mater (3). I understand where you're coming from, Bombolo... this was tougher to rank.

Comment

Contest entry Day 4: today, June 18, 2020 you can enter by listing your favorite cartoon short from the 4 Tales from Radiator Springs.

Hiccups
                          Bugged
                          Spinning
                          The Radiator Springs 500 ˝

My favorite cartoon from the Tales from Radiator Springs is The Radiator Springs 500 1/2.

Comment

Contest entry Day 4 - Radiator Springs 500 1/2 for me as well. The new off-road racers and main character variations do it for me. Plus, there was a dedicated die-cast line as well!

Comment

Contest day 3: My personal favourite from the tall tales series are in this order:

Tokyo Mater
                              Monster Truck Mater
                              El Materdor
                              Mater the Greater
                              Time Travel Mater
                              Unidentified Flying Mater
                              Rescue Squad Mater
                              Air Mater
                              Moon Mater
                              Heavy Metal Mater
                              Mater Private Eye

what a great series this was!!!