Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

June 15, 2020: It's Contest Time on PCD!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Contest day 4:

The R/S 500 1/2 as the cars and the story are excellent, something very different!

Last edited by VANDANCE; 06-19-2020, 10:23 AM.

Comment

It's contest time, day 5! Thanks to a gift, PixarCarsDiecast.com is giving away a banner made for the world premiere of the first Cars movie which was May 26, 2006 at Lowe's Motor Speedway in Charlotte, North Carolina.
      Each day this week you will have an opportunity to enter to win... today, June 19, 2020 you can enter by posting a picture of something that is part of your Cars collection.
      See my sample entry below.
      Postage is the responsibility of the contest winner.
      I plan to hold a random drawing on Monday June 22, 2020.
      Thank you for our prize donation... you may enter on the Facebook page as well as on the website

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

Contest entry, day 5.

Here's a picture of the PixarCarsDiecast.com factory custom racer... only 70 were made... a few remain available for sale... Max Schnell was the donor Car.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

I have lots from my collection I could nominate (including the custom PCD racer!) but the time travel and wedding day gift set stands out for me. It’s partly because a family member was in the states visiting Disney when this set was released and was kind enough to pick them up for me. This was a big favour as they are relatively large sets and the luggage space was limited. I particularly like the Stanley diecast, he looks awesome in the sepia colour finish and the wedding day Stanley has some great details as well as the honour of being the founder of Radiator Springs. Overall it’s well executed set with a great theme and attractive to display.

Comment

Originally posted by VANDANCE View Post
            I have lots from my collection I could nominate (including the custom PCD racer!) but the time travel and wedding day gift set stands out for me. It’s partly because a family member was in the states visiting Disney when this set was released and was kind enough to pick them up for me. This was a big favour as they are relatively large sets and the luggage space was limited. I particularly like the Stanley diecast, he looks awesome in the sepia colour finish and the wedding day Stanley has some great details as well as the honour of being the founder of Radiator Springs. Overall it’s well executed set with a great theme and attractive to display.
            Those 2 sets are among my all time favorites, VANDANCE... so nice of a family member to help you out when they were visiting Disney... they were very limited in production and contained all unreleased Cars... anyone who wants one of those sets today is going to be paying a lot of money for them.

Comment

Originally posted by cac1959 View Post

Those 2 sets are among my all time favorites, VANDANCE... so nice of a family member to help you out when they were visiting Disney... they were very limited in production and contained all unreleased Cars... anyone who wants one of those sets today is going to be paying a lot of money for them.
              Thanks Chris, I like to think I have good taste! It was a question off the right place at the right time and a big thanks to my brother in law for his help on with these. He didn’t stop there, he also got all the Star Wars Cars releases that were out at the time. I got the box sets, 2 packs and all of the singles. He also picked up the goofy and Micky LMQ gift pack too! It was an amazing surprise when he returned with all these exclusive sets. I did ask him to get as much as he could for me and he literally did! They cost me a small fortune then but well worth the investment as you say.

Comment

Wow, very nice Cars! cac1959 - would love to eventually own 1 of those custom racers, must admit I did not know about them until reading your post! Vandance - lucky you, the time travel and wedding day gift sets are part of my Holy Grail set of Cars - unattainable, hopefully one day (with enough funds of course!). Beautiful colour scheme on the time travel set.
                My entry for Day 5 - the little Honda Civic Max Sacar. If I'm not wrong, he was only ever available from a Race Day Fan 4-car box set which I've only been able to find once, making him a rare car for me. I'm a fan of all things Japan including Japanese cars, so Max with his Japanese flag holds a special place in my collection.

Comment

Thank you to all who entered... between this thread and the contest threads on the PCD Facebook page, there were 191 official entries (not counting my 5 sample entries)... I've created a spreadsheet which I hope to verify later today to make sure I did not leave anyone out... I'll then print the spreadsheet, fold the entries, box them up, and ask my 7 year old grandson to pull out the winning entry... I've got to get through the work day today first though... Many thanks to our friend who donated the prize.

Comment

I did the random drawing last night... the winner of the Cars World Premiere banner is Jesse Knight who entered every day on the PCD Facebook page... Thank you for everyone who entered - 191 total entries was more than I expected... I hope to summarize some of the ranking/name your favorite entries later this week.

Thank you as well for the great prize donation... there are still 4 available to purchase from the following eBay seller at:

https://offer.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI....p2047675.l2564

Comment

Congrats Jesse!

Comment

Well done to the lucky winner!

Comment

Here is the summary of the contest entries where you were asked to rank the Cars movies, your top 3 of the 11 Mater's Tall Tales, and your favorite of the 4 Tales from Radiator Springs... People entered on either the PCD website or the PCD Facebook page (no one entered both places).

Movies (1st: 5 points, 2nd: 3 points, 3rd: 1 point)

Cars: 306 points (57, 6, 3)

Cars 3: 159 points (15, 43, 15)

Cars 2: 100 points (2, 14, 48)

Mater's Tall Tales: (1st: 5 points, 2nd: 3 points, 3rd: 1 point)

Rescue Squad Mater: 18 points (2, 1, 5)
                          Mater the Greater: 20 points (1, 5, 0)
                          El Materdor: 56 points (9, 3, 2)
                          Tokyo Mater: 51 points (7, 4, 4)
                          Unidentified Flying Mater: 17 points (2, 2, 1)
                          Monster Truck Mater: 30 points (4, 2, 4)
                          Heavy Metal Mater: 27 points (3, 3, 3)
                          Moon Mater: 14 points (1, 2, 3)
                          Mater Private Eye: 18 points (2, 2, 2)
                          Air Mater: 17 points (2, 1, 4)
                          Time Travel Mater: 31 points (1, 7, 5)

So the top 3 in order were El Materdor, Tokyo Mater, and Time Travel Mater.

Tales from Radiator Springs:

The Radiator Springs 500 1/2: 22

Hiccups: 4

Bugged: 2

Spinning: 1

Thank you to everyone who entered the contest... it's no surprise - we love our Cars... movies... Toons... diecasts... color changers... mini racers... playsets... and more.

Comment

Thanks for organizing, interesting to see where all the votes went!

Comment

Working...
                            X