Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2021 Singles Case AG - found in Australia (April 15, 2021)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2021 Singles Case AG - found in Australia (April 15, 2021)

It looks like the next singles case, 2021 Singles Case AG, has been found in Australia... I found these listed on eBay from an eBay seller from Australia:

Pam Wheeldarrow - the drummer in Sweet Tea's band:

View Zeen Tractor:

Hot Rod Louise Nash:

A re-release of Muddy Rusteze Racing Center Lightning McQueen:

Other Cars in the case appear to be Dash Boardman... I don't know the full case contents yet.

I see 3 awesome looking new Cars... I won't pay $50+ per Car shipped from Australia... I can and I will wait.

Let's see how long it takes them to appear in other countries.

Which of these are you most looking forward to? My vote is for Pam Wheeldarrow.

View Zeen Tractor Hot Rod Louise Nash Muddy Rusteze Racing Center Lightning McQueen

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

I better be on the lookout for these! Definitely Pam Wheeldarrow, but will be grabbing all 3 new Cars if I find them.

Comment

Information from Mattel...
      1 - With the exception of the European 'clipstrip' cases (and other exclusive retailers, e,g, Disney Stores, who have their own assortments), they are using a unified case numbering system across the world - there will be some other markings on the cases to denote US / European / other destination.
      2 - All cases issued, should therefore have the same contents. Another collector confirmed Racing Red Jackson Storm is in the Sainsburys case in the UK!
      3 - The first wave will be cases 95AA through to 95AG. Seven case assortments.
      4 - The second wave will be cases 95AH through to 95AM. Five case assortments.
      5 - Many of the cars issued in wave one, will not be repeated in wave two.
      6 - It's not confirmed whether there will be further waves, e.g. if the current card design will span more than one year. The last case (AM) is due in Europe in September.

Comment

Originally posted by niftynigel View Post
        Information from Mattel...
        1 - With the exception of the European 'clipstrip' cases (and other exclusive retailers, e,g, Disney Stores, who have their own assortments), they are using a unified case numbering system across the world - there will be some other markings on the cases to denote US / European / other destination.
        2 - All cases issued, should therefore have the same contents. Another collector confirmed Racing Red Jackson Storm is in the Sainsburys case in the UK!
        3 - The first wave will be cases 95AA through to 95AG. Seven case assortments.
        4 - The second wave will be cases 95AH through to 95AM. Five case assortments.
        5 - Many of the cars issued in wave one, will not be repeated in wave two.
        6 - It's not confirmed whether there will be further waves, e.g. if the current card design will span more than one year. The last case (AM) is due in Europe in September.
        Thank you for the details, niftynigel... hopefully we have more to look forward to in 2021 and all of us can find the 2021 Cars we need without having to over pay.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

Great news Nigel and hope that distribution is improved with the unified case numbering.

Comment

One of the problems we have had in the UK is that retailers have been inconsistent with stocking cars. The big four supermarkets have been reducing their non-food sections for at least a couple of years now, so their stock lines have reduced as a result.
            As it's their core business, Smyths have been very good at stocking Cars. They have learned from past mistakes of over-ordering individual cases and even took the drastic step of removing the three Lighting McQueen from one case assortment - they had just 21 cars in that case!
            ASDA were originally going to merge with Sainsburys, then as that was stopped by the Competition Commission, Wal-Mart eventually sold most of their shares. I think they own about 10% now. The company didn't appear to know what it was doing, but has now followed the trend by reducing the non-food offerings except clothes. Like Tesco and Sainsburys, they have increased their clothes ranges. Like Sainsburys, some ASDA stores have abandoned physical entertainment media altogether, although Sainsburys offer a small range through Argos.
            There are other retailers, Toymaster (not all groups sell full price Cars), Entertainer (they stopped full price Cars having got their fingers burned on Cars 3), Bentalls/Fenwicks. They are hot and cold. Hamleys sell at their OTT prices. Their Regent Street shop was selling ten cases of singles a week a few years ago!
            Disney Stores buy and sell large quantities of Cars.

Comment

Originally posted by cac1959 View Post
              It looks like the next singles case, 2021 Singles Case AG, has been found in Australia... I found these listed on eBay from an eBay seller from Australia:

Pam Wheeldarrow - the drummer in Sweet Tea's band:

View Zeen Tractor:

Hot Rod Louise Nash:

A re-release of Muddy Rusteze Racing Center Lightning McQueen:

Other Cars in the case appear to be Dash Boardman... I don't know the full case contents yet.

I see 3 awesome looking new Cars... I won't pay $50+ per Car shipped from Australia... I can and I will wait.

Let's see how long it takes them to appear in other countries.

Which of these are you most looking forward to? My vote is for Pam Wheeldarrow.
              After the last couple of weeks, with finds at ASDA, Sainsburys, Disney Stores, Smyths and Toymaster, I'm a little more confident these will come to the UK! Red Mater first would be nice though!

Comment

Case AG has been found in the US at Target stores in California and Florida... I'm definitely looking forward to Pam Wheeldarrow, Hot Rod Louise Nash, and the View Zeen Tractor....There is a reissue of Dash Boardman in the case and we think M Fong Fast is also in the case... I'll post in the 2021 case contents thread once I know the case contents.

Comment

Working...
                X