Update on singles cases

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Update on singles cases

I just checked in on TakeFiveADay... According to Met, it looks like US cases J, K, L, and W have been canceled:

http://www.takefiveaday.com/2012/08/...cases-j-k-l-w/

Super Chases are pushed back to the 2013 Mattel year which starts around November 1, 2012... supposedly Walmart will be receiving the new Cars either in an exclusive pallet (end cap) or as first to market... exclusive cases N and P... Based on what I've seen in Walmart stores, due to Mattel distribution and case assortments they'd cut way back on the size of their Cars section.

I'm hoping to confirm with JMDL Toys shortly... to those without access to well-stocked Walmart stores, this is not good news.

New Cars affected by this include Galloping Gear Grinder, Nick Cartone, Chase Fabrizio, Chase Celine, Sir Harley Gassup, Mary Scgocar, Acer with Torch, Alexander Hugo with Party Hat, and Ultimate Chase Cars Vitaly Petrov (Russia) and Memo Rojas (Mexico).

Depending on when Walmart gets this pallet, that could mean why the UK doesn't get new Cars cases until the October/November time frame... as Walmart is an extremely large retailer, they might have insisted on a 60 day period before other retailers get the merchandise.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

not good news at all.
    i wonder if now is the time the existing super chases flash and long ge will hit retail?exclusive to walmart?

Comment

i think that's the nail in the coffin for my collecting - the boy has largely moved on to lego and never asks me if i've any new cars when i get home from work

i was going to keep getting the ultimate chase cars via jmdl and wait until the other new cars finally arrived over here but that looks even more unlikely now

Comment

Oh noes! Figures, just when I decide to start collecting a series...looks like its gonig to be ridiculously hard to complete...or even next to impossible.

This will mean online prices will get jacked up even further! Grr.

Is there any difference between KMART celine dephare and Acer with Torch over the versions we should get released?

Transformers for Trade
        Feedback: pixarcarsdiecast.com; cybertron.ca; tfw2005.com; ebay.ca

Comment

Sad. But everyone remember there were 8 or 9 McQueens in every Case. Even if these Cases DID make it we would be unhappy with too many McQueens. Now we AREN'T getting those Cases and everyone is all bummed out that the new Cars (that were 1 TO A CASE and would be almost impossible to find!) are being held back to a Walmart exclusive. The 2 new Cases could go on an end cap or cube in the aisles and so all Walmart's will get them in, even though the pegs are clogged! Also, these 2 Cases may be 10x better than what these Canceled Cases will have been. We will just have to wait and see but I'm glad this is happening. More Walmart Exclusives and hopefully less McQueens.

Comment

ON a second look at this list....I see cars here that are NOT numbered so far in the checklists I've fuond online (which go up to 42, Prince Wheeliam

Where does Nick Cartone, Chase Fabrizio, Sir Harley Gassup, Mary Scgocar and Alexander Hugo with Party Hat fit in to this? Are these jsut going to be a "seperate" set like teh Ultimate chase cars?

Transformers for Trade
            Feedback: pixarcarsdiecast.com; cybertron.ca; tfw2005.com; ebay.ca

Comment

Originally posted by DeceptiCog72283 View Post
              ON a second look at this list....I see cars here that are NOT numbered so far in the checklists I've fuond online (which go up to 42, Prince Wheeliam

Where does Nick Cartone, Chase Fabrizio, Sir Harley Gassup, Mary Scgocar and Alexander Hugo with Party Hat fit in to this? Are these jsut going to be a "seperate" set like teh Ultimate chase cars?
              numbers have'nt been allocated for the cars that you have mentioned as of yet.

Comment

This probably won't affect the UK too much. Mattel UK are totally indpendent of all other Mattel suppliers, even Mattel Europe (Holland/Netherlands).

The UK is supposed to start to see new Cars 2 singles and deluxe plus Radiator Springs Classic and Cars Take Flight at the end of September / beginning of October (as confirmed by TRU). I don't know where the October/November dates have come from?

In the UK, we have been starved of new mainline products for many months now. It was April when Don Crumlin (not part of the the 2012 range) and Radiator Springs Ramone finally appeared. We have had a pretty healthy mix of cars in cases, usually about 18 (out of a range of 25 cars). The cases may as well not have had numbers / letters on them as the mixes are totally random, presumably to get rid of stocks, as Mattel have admitted (to me) that they had sort of overestimated the initial demand!

The clues as to what is actually coming out usually lays with the Far East, as they are the first to get everything, understandably, when the cars are manufactured there!

Comment

I stated the September/October time incorrectly - for some reason, I was thinking October/November (which is the US model year changeover).

And unforturnately, JMDL will not be receiving the singles cases that they were expecting... it's going to be a challenge to find these at Walmart.

Good point on checking eBay for Far East sellers... I've not done that much recently.

Mattel over-estimated the demand for ALL original Cars2 products that launched May 16 (US) and June 2011 (UK and other countries)... doing so they came very close to killing a can't miss product line.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

Apparently Met said once that Case F was canceled, then he said today there is a Case F, but different and much worse contents, and when I checked it said that Case was once again canceled. Does anyone know what the different, much worse Case F was?

Comment

End of the Porto Corsa card for Cars 2 singles?

Met (over at takefiveaday) was reporting that the Porto Corsa card (presumably) for Cars 2 singles only had about another month to run.

Does this mean that all new cars released after this will be on a new cardback, maybe the London card, as was touted some months ago?

I thought that Mattel had realised that Cars 2 wasn't going to be the phenomenal success that the original Cars was, so they may just as well continue with the Porto Corsa card for singles releases.

That said, as many forthcoming US cases have been cancelled so overstocks of older cars can be put into new cardback designs, so we can all buy another McQueen, Finn, Mater etc.! Or am I overly cynical and barking up the wrong tree here?

As the new Cars models aren't due in the UK for another month or so, does this mean that they'll be in very limited supply?

Does it mean that they could be US carded ones (as opposed to the international ones that have been available until now)?

What is does mean though is that the 2012 singles released so far will be much rarer (on the Porto Corsa card) as their circulation only lasted from May/June to September (and some of these in only one case)!

No point asking Mattel UK, as they struggle to get out basic information (even after bombarding them with e-mails)!

Comment

Working...
                      X