When will the UK see new cars?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When will the UK see new cars?

For a bit of fun let's have a guessing game of when the UK will see a new Cars 2 single on the pegs in stores

The announced cars that we've not seen yet are (please update me if I'm wrong):

28.vladimir trunkov
    30.victor hugo
    34.acer with torch
    35.kabuto
    37.bindo
    38.chase celine dephare
    39.erik laneley
    40.chase cartney brakin
    41.galloping geargrinder
    42.chase prince wheeliam

Just reply to this thread with a date and we'll see who the closest is....

For a bonus point please also guess the cars that will be found...

You don't win anything otehr than bragging rights as "PCD Super Guesser" (I'll even look into giving the winner that title as their Forum rank!)

October 1, 2012... I'll go with Vladimir and Victor.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

I'll go for October 14th with Victor and Vladimir too...

Comment

I'm gonna guess....Galloping Geargrinder March 3rd 2013 lol

Transformers for Trade
        Feedback: pixarcarsdiecast.com; cybertron.ca; tfw2005.com; ebay.ca

Comment

Did you guys get the International version of the Cars 2012 diecast poster in UK!?
          I did get mine from and yet we are stucked with HHMQ and Mel Dorado (they only started to appear since July/August)!
          I guess everywhere is the same like US! no one is going to take orders for the terrible Cars assortment.

Too bad Mattel over my country is not as established as US. Otherwise, i will ring them up and ask them where is those Cars that you guys promised on the poster!
          GRinz!

Comment

For some reason I think Kabuto will be released first. Maybe around October 15th-20th?

Comment

Well, it's over - before it really began!!!

MarknotaMack has found case U in Asda containing Celine and Acer with Torch

Technically speaking cac1959 was closest with the date and no-one got the cars so I suppose cac1959 is the winner (but I wouldn't take too much glory in it)....

I'll try and come up with another no-prize, just for fun competition...

Comment

I presume I'm too late to have a guess then. Finally new cars are in the UK. Lets hope it's not a one off and there are more to come

Comment

Originally posted by MarknotaMack View Post
                  I presume I'm too late to have a guess then. Finally new cars are in the UK. Lets hope it's not a one off and there are more to come
                  I think we'd call that cheating...

And yes, it's creat to see new cars (although I already have those two onthe way so no need for me to race to Asda)

Hopefully there'll be more to come

Comment

I've just got back from my local TRU after having purchased Miguel Camino and Francesco Bernoulli 'TRU Metallic' exclusives at £7.99 GBP each. They were delivered today!

Unlike the first three, Lightning McQueen, Jeff Gorvette and Nigel Gearsley, they are on straight cut cards and have the names on the front as opposed to the image. They still have Exclusive in eight languages.

Raoul Caroule should follow shortly along with three others, which I guess maybe re-issues of the first three? The store was about to close, so I didn't have time to ask!

They said that there had been loads of *new* singles delivered last week and they had all gone! Further deliveries are expected each week until the end of November.

They were also expecting the first shipments of Radiator Springs Classic singles and box sets later this week.

After months of absolutely nothing it's a truly GREAT FEELING to find and buy something new from a store! And be told there is tons of new stuff coming out very soon!

Comment

Originally posted by niftynigel View Post
                      I've just got back from my local TRU after having purchased Miguel Camino and Francesco Bernoulli 'TRU Metallic' exclusives at £7.99 GBP each. They were delivered today!

Unlike the first three, Lightning McQueen, Jeff Gorvette and Nigel Gearsley, they are on straight cut cards and have the names on the front as opposed to the image. They still have Exclusive in eight languages.

Raoul Caroule should follow shortly along with three others, which I guess maybe re-issues of the first three? The store was about to close, so I didn't have time to ask!

They said that there had been loads of *new* singles delivered last week and they had all gone! Further deliveries are expected each week until the end of November.

They were also expecting the first shipments of Radiator Springs Classic singles and box sets later this week.

After months of absolutely nothing it's a truly GREAT FEELING to find and buy something new from a store! And be told there is tons of new stuff coming out very soon!
                      I hope you're right. I went to TRU on Saturday and it was the same old stuff there...

What you say does give me hope though

Comment

one thing i did notice in the brislington toys r us was that two packs were reduced to £4.99 - usual suspects although they did have one guido/luigi & uncle topolino

Comment

i think we will see the first signs of the rs classics series in the next few weeks also followed by metallic raoul.i don't think we will see another 3 metallics from TRU in 2012 as we have'nt seen any out of the backdoor of the factory yet.

good to know that the twin packs are reduced as well.

Comment

Great news and great score, niftynigel... I had to rely on friends from other countries for metallic Miguel and Francesco and Raoul (which is on the way)... £4.99 is a decent price for the 2 packs - hopefully they'll clear out stock and put in new ones at the same price.

We still could see new Metallic finish Cars - if I remember right, Jeff and Nigel appeared in stores before we saw them on eBay... and depending on what factory produces the Cars items, sometimes we see finished product before we see back door items (Raoul and Francesco launchers, Take Flight items).

Now if we just get a consistent jump start and supply of the mainline singles, in the UK, the US, and all other countries...

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

International case W1938-996U contents

International case W1938-996U has been popping up over the last week or so in the UK. It has been seen at ASDA supermarkets and I've just seen one at Wilkinson (general store).

I've pieced together the contents Jason has reported and what I've seen at ASDA and Wilkinson (and possibly Tesco supermarket too). Case U can be considered the *current* case in the UK.

I did manage to get an Acer with Torch, but someone beat me to the Celine Dephare at my local Wilkinsons!

3 - Lightning McQueen (3)
                              4 - Francesco Bernoulli (Black bottom) (3)
                              5 - Holley Shiftwell (1)
                              8 - Carla Veloso (1)
                              9 - Raoul Caroule (1)
                              10/11 - Luigi/Guido (2)
                              13 - Grem (1)
                              14 - Fillmore (1)
                              17 - Miles Axelrod (2)
                              20 - Nigel Gearsley (1)
                              21 - Max Schnel (1)
                              22 - Shu Todoroki (1)
                              26 - Lighting McQueen HHC (3)
                              34 - Acer with Torch (2)
                              38 - Celine Dephare (1)

All are on the straight cut cards and unibodies too.

I have pieced this together from what I have seen in various stores. If someone has the correct numbers, please correct this!

A total of 15 cars is a pretty good selection, being all on straight cards.

Another TRU near to me had the two new Metallic racers. They confirmed that the three original ones were going to be re-issued, hopefully on the new style cards?

Comment

Working...
                              X