No announcement yet.

When will the UK see new cars?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There are 5 cars (4 in package) that I want (read: NEED).

Luigi/Guido, Grem, Acer w/ torch and Celine

Good find and I hope to see these in store over the weekend as its pay day tomorrow! lol

Transformers for Trade
    Feedback: pixarcarsdiecast.com; cybertron.ca; tfw2005.com; ebay.ca

Comment

not entering this!

2013 probably

Comment

Originally posted by niftynigel View Post
        International case W1938-996U has been popping up over the last week or so in the UK. It has been seen at ASDA supermarkets and I've just seen one at Wilkinson (general store).

I've pieced together the contents Jason has reported and what I've seen at ASDA and Wilkinson (and possibly Tesco supermarket too). Case U can be considered the *current* case in the UK.

I did manage to get an Acer with Torch, but someone beat me to the Celine Dephare at my local Wilkinsons!

3 - Lightning McQueen (3)
        4 - Francesco Bernoulli (Black bottom) (3)
        5 - Holley Shiftwell (1)
        8 - Carla Veloso (1)
        9 - Raoul Caroule (1)
        10/11 - Luigi/Guido (2)
        13 - Grem (1)
        14 - Fillmore (1)
        17 - Miles Axelrod (2)
        20 - Nigel Gearsley (1)
        21 - Max Schnel (1)
        22 - Shu Todoroki (1)
        26 - Lighting McQueen HHC (3)
        34 - Acer with Torch (2)
        38 - Celine Dephare (1)

All are on the straight cut cards and unibodies too.

I have pieced this together from what I have seen in various stores. If someone has the correct numbers, please correct this!

A total of 15 cars is a pretty good selection, being all on straight cards.

Another TRU near to me had the two new Metallic racers. They confirmed that the three original ones were going to be re-issued, hopefully on the new style cards?
        in the case my wife found the max schnell was'nt a unibody version so i think this may be hit and miss and also only one of the 2 luigi/guido cards were the new cut version.

Comment

Jason,

Nothing should surprise us, after all, it's Mattel (UK) we're talking about here!

I popped into my local Disney Store on my way home from work and they told me that they'd put out a new case this morning. They said it was case 'S' and that they'd already sold a few cars! I was fearing the worst, buy hey, there was a pristine condition No. 32 - Officer Murakarmi! That's the first time I've seen him in store. I bought it plus a couple of other straight carded singles including No. 25 - Carlo Maserati. That's been quite a rare car anyway, but to see it on a straight card for the first time was a good moment! There were two Carlo's in case 'S' along with two No. 31 - Don Crumlin. Amazingly enough all five of those hadn't been sold. The shop assistant said that the ones they had sold included Francesco, Shu, Lewis, Miguel. She said the race cars are always popular!

Comment

great score there nigel.
            carlo is the only one i'm missing now as far as the re-released cars on the new cut cardbacks are concerned,still looking for the officer,victor,vlad,becky,bindo,prince wheeliam,kabuto,erik,cartney and the galloping geargrinder has'nt been seen yet on an international card have i missed any

Comment

I think the cases S and U have only turned up in the last couple of weeks. Don Crumlin, Officer Murakarmi (both case 996S) and Acer with Torch, Celine Dephare (both case 996U) appear to be the only new cars on the shelves at the moment.

My local Argos recently had two cases in (996P and 996R), which could be considered the end of the old (first wave) cases. Nearly all the cards were the old cut variety.

A model shop from Holland have advertised new cases 996W, 996Y and 997J for release shortly. They also have 996T and 997H as their current cases.

I think there are nine new singles to be released into the UK on an international card. Three of these are Chase cars. My guess is that there could be three new cars per case, either two or three of the non Chase cars and one Chase?

I would hope that Mattel would keep all of the cases 996S, T, U, W, Y and 997H, J current, to give a healthy mix of cars in the run up to Christmas. That said, I would hope that Mattel wouldn't overstock on them, as we don't want to be in the same position when the new London card comes out and we're left with a long wait to play catch up with the rest of the world in 2013.

There's quite a few Celine Dephare's on eBay now, so case U has had widespread distribution in the UK. I haven't seen an international Celine Dephare as yet.

Hamleys have now put their singles up to £8. Toys R Us have put deluxe up to £9.99. Most TRUs I've been to recently have very few singles in stock; it's a good time to restock, NOW, if you're reading this, TRU UK!

Comment

Working...
              X