Why are my cars arranged this way?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why are my cars arranged this way?

I've arranged a subset of my opened collection (my son's) in the following order.

Can anyone telly me why I've done so...???

Bragging rights given to those who guess correctly

I've been looking at it for a few minutes, but can't make out any letters or numbers. I see that you have Radiator Springs cars in the top right. The tuners, LMQ, Chick, The King, Fab HH, and the other 3 mainline Piston cup cars in the top left which are the same cars that are on a poster in my son's room (except for RPM and Nitroaid). You have piston cup fans, owners, security, reporters, and crew chiefs in the lower left. You have deluxe oversized, and haulers to the lower right. Are you putting them down by model number and leaving spaces where other numbers would go?

signature courtesy of BomBom77
    http://www.pixarcarsdiecast.com/foru...ars-for-trades

Comment

some form of numerical order and the missing spaces are teh ones still needed.

In other words...what bobbyjack said

Transformers for Trade
      Feedback: pixarcarsdiecast.com; cybertron.ca; tfw2005.com; ebay.ca

Comment

I'm going to venture a guess... You're stating in your photo that you prefer 1:55 scale Mattel Cars over 1:43 Disney Store Cars.

If not, you're laying a trap in case your son wakes up in the middle of the night... he won't be able to walk through without stepping on something and making a lot of noise.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

Im gonna guess this is what you'd like to see in the new classics assortment cases for 2013 mixed in with Cars 2 vehicles.

Comment

bobbyjack was close at one point... He's also correct in that some of the gaps are for cars that I din't yet have / are yet to open...

You're wrong cac1959 - it's not a trap to hurt my son (thought I'd better make that clear incase the child protection agency are monitoring this site!!!)

And I do prefer 1:55 over 1:43, but that's not it...

Comment

i've been looking at this all evening,coming back and forth to it,
              i count 51 vehicles in total,counting luigi and guido as 2 seperate items,could it mean that your son is one next week and that's when he gets the super chase you've been saving for his birthday

Comment

That's a good guess djjd21, but you're on the wrong lines... (my son is coming up to three btw...)

Comment

Here's my guess. The cars are arranged according to scenes in the movie with associations as follows:

1) Top left rows 1 and 2 - these are cars from the opening race sequence
                  2) Top left row 3 - these are 4 Tunerz that make their debut together in the movie
                  3) Left row 4 - Duff Wrecks - he's standalone cause he's the miscellaneous one and you didn't have anything to pair with him
                  4) Left row 6 - Dinoco McQueen and Tex are seen together in the movie with the dinoco deal
                  5) Top right row 3 - all these characters here are together in the court room scene
                  6) Bottom right - the haulers are all positioned like they were in the movie when McQueen is trying to find Mack after the race

Comment

You got them all from the Night Skyline packaging?

That's the only thing I can think of, because they're all Lenty besides the Megas and Haulers, and all of the Megas shown were released in the Night Skyline, and all of the Haulers shown were released in the Night Skyline cardback (Not sure on Gil though)

Am I right?

Comment

You're correct in thet they're all from the Night Skyline packaging Fillmore1234, but that's not why they're in the order

So you can get 1/2 marks for your answer...

PopeMobile - some of your groupings are correct (Duff Wrecks belongs with the Tunerz group as he is a "Highway" car) - there may be a hint here for someone. I'm not sure you collected at the time to guess the 100% correct answer.

cac1959 should know the answer...

I'll give it a little longer before I post the answer

Comment

I was close. So you have them grouped by color like on the "Look my eyes change" poster and packages. For example...The Piston Cup Race Day group would be a more reddish purple, Radiator Springs group would be green, Dinoco group would be blue, Highway group would be yellow, Piston Cup Racers would be orange, and the Pit Crew cars would be a more blueish purple. Got it now?

signature courtesy of BomBom77
                        http://www.pixarcarsdiecast.com/foru...ars-for-trades

Comment

Yep, but only because I've seen another photo... Good Cars thought question, MrB!

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

Originally posted by bobbyjack View Post
                            I was close. So you have them grouped by color like on the "Look my eyes change" poster and packages. For example...The Piston Cup Race Day group would be a more reddish purple, Radiator Springs group would be green, Dinoco group would be blue, Highway group would be yellow, Piston Cup Racers would be orange, and the Pit Crew cars would be a more blueish purple. Got it now?
                            You're 95% there bobbyjack. But why the gaps and what are the groups in that order (and you're correct that the gaps are cars I don't yet have / haven't opened, but which ones are misisng / why those)?

Comment

I can tell you in one, mr B,

youve too much time on your hands mate

Comment

Working...
                              X