No announcement yet.

Why are my cars arranged this way?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In answer to my question, my cars are arranged this way to co-ordinate with a Cars Collectors poster that I have (see below):

As Fillmore1234 correctly said these cars are all from the Night Skyline packaging and bobbyjack got the majority of the groupings correct along with mentioning it was similar to a poster his son has. The cars are arranged in the order that they are on the poster from the opened cars that I have with gaps where I either don't have the car or haven't opened it yet.

My son found the poster in another car and then he wanted to play a game where we put the cars he had on top of the picture on the poster (for a child who isn't yet 3 I thought this was very smart and imaginative, plus it held his attention for about 30 minutes). Once we'd finished I thought I'd just remove the poster then I took the picture to give as fun guessing game on here

So, bobbyjack wins bragging rights as he got everything almost 100% correct...

Comment

i think there'll be a few gaps left over even after you collect as many as you can,by then your boy will be wondering where the others are and after you explain to him that mattel have'nt released these yet,he'll be cursing them like the rest of us
      is it only the shiny wax hauler that has'nt been released off the poster or is that mater with buck teeth i see in the deluxe section as well.also duff wrecks in black/grey?

great trivia for us and exercise for your son

Comment

Duff Wrecks is just the standard one we have - just a bad picture on here....

Yes, the only one's not released on here were Shiny Wax Hauler and Mater with Cone Teeth.

The only cars on here that I don't have are:
        • Van (but have Van with(out) stickers)
        • Bling Bling Lightning McQueen (but have BBLMQ with Piston Cup)
        • Dexter Hoover with Yellow Flag (as he was released in this range with a green flag so the poster is incorrect - but I have this one)
        • Ramone Yellow
        • Ramone Green
        • Mater with Oil Can (although I had a few of these and traded them)
        • Lightning Storm Lightning McQueen
        • Mack Semi
        • Al Oft the Lightyear Blimp (although I have the single version)
        • Dinoco Helicopter (although I have the singel version)
        • Chick Hicks Semi
        • Gray Semi
        • RPM Semi
        • Mater with Cone Teeth
        • Octane Gain Hauler
        • Jerry Recycled Batteries
        • RPM Hauler (which my son is asking for...!!!)
        • Shiny Wax Hauler (aaarrggghhh!!!!!)

So I should be alright for quite a while to come...

I'll just have to lose the poster at some point when I've given him all of the cars that I have on it...

Comment

Originally posted by MrBrownstone View Post
          So, bobbyjack wins bragging rights as he got everything almost 100% correct...
          We still have the Kmart 2010 one hanging in my son's room, so something about your set-up looked familar. Covered up the 2011 one with the 2012 version. BobbyJack still reminds me of the ones he doesn't have that are on his poster.

signature courtesy of BomBom77
          http://www.pixarcarsdiecast.com/foru...ars-for-trades

Comment

Clever one Mr. B

I ended up guessing here then seeing the second page to find out I was wrong

Comment

It looks like you organized them from kinds: Misc characters, Haulers, Racers, Rs characters. Etc.

http://carstoys.wikia.com <--My wiki

http://flickr.com/carstoys/ <--My Flickr

Comment

Working...
              X