New: Take Flight Metallic 2 pack: Mater Hawk and McQueen Hawk

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New: Take Flight Metallic 2 pack: Mater Hawk and McQueen Hawk

Now out (or coming out) at Toys R US... there is a new Take Flight 2 pack with Mater Hawk and McQueen Hawk... it's been found in California... and cvc1968 found it in Canada!

The item number at TRU in Canada is 640972... and the web item number at TRU in the US is 759249 (according to a store receipt, the item number is 083147)... the US Price is $17.99

Photos have been posted on our Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/groups/448729615153289/

If you're not a member of our Facebook group, and you use Facebook, ask to join.

Here's a picture, courtesy of cvc1968:

(Photo used by permission of cvc1968... thank you, Conrad)

I can't wait to add this to my collection... but you probably knew that already...
    Last edited by cac1959; 09-29-2012, 02:04 AM. Reason: Corrected part #

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

sweet new shiny cars from TRU,in an international box no less,that does indeed sound promising for the european market.
    really looking forward to these

Comment

Any idea how much are they selling this at TRU

Comment

TRU sure seem to like their metallic exclusives....and I sure like them

PS: request to join FB page sent...its the big long french name lol

Transformers for Trade
        Feedback: pixarcarsdiecast.com; cybertron.ca; tfw2005.com; ebay.ca

Comment

I've not yet heard the US price - I'm guessing $19.99 but would like to see it lower... The price in Canada is $24.99...

I too like metallic paint Cars... a lot... And I've approved your request to join our Facebook group, DeceptiCog72283...

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

Thanks for the price advise. This is definitely a must have.
            Also looking forward to see Hawk Mater (normal version)

Comment

It's a shame that $24.99 is $19.99 in the states...especially considering the US and CND $$ are pretty much at par (the CND is a penny stronger at the time of this post). It is quite standard that everything in Canada costs more then in the states, heck even stuff MADE in Canada sells for more here then it does in the states lol.

thanks cac1959

Transformers for Trade
              Feedback: pixarcarsdiecast.com; cybertron.ca; tfw2005.com; ebay.ca

Comment

it would be nice to see the normal versions over here first

Comment

US # is 083147. US price is $17.99.
                  US TRU web number is 759249.

I will post the corrected TRU number and price on our Facebook page later tonight.

Comment

This should not be the same price as a 4 pack! $18 is extremely expensive for just 2 Cars. It should be just $12.

But if I see it, I'll probably be getting it anyway

Comment

The extra $5 - $6 is WELL WORTH it when you see the Candy Apple Metallic color. B E A U TIFUL I honestly have not seen a picture yet that has done the color justice!!

I am a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

I saw it this morning up on TRU.com, but not in stock for shipping yet.

signature courtesy of BomBom77
                        http://www.pixarcarsdiecast.com/foru...ars-for-trades

Comment

I picked this up from GOMATERGO this morning... Thank you, Steve!

It great to see that these have turned up in Canada, the UK, and the US at the same time... it would be great if this happened more often.

Comment

When the Cars Take Flight series was first released back in May, I asked around a number of stores in the UK if they were going to stock the range and only TRU sounded interested. Further discussions (at later dates) revealed that they wanted to test the water with an exclusive double pack, which in the event turned out to be a world exclusive double pack, even if the two models are available individually. They are £16.99 GBP in the UK. Maybe £14.99 might be a more realistic price, but I'll buy one anyway as a vote of thanks to TRU for at least keeping the Cars merchandise flag flying in the UK.

Many TRU staff members have told me that they are not impressed with Mattel's marketing and distribution of Cars 2 merchandise. They decided to start up an exclusive series (Radiator Springs Classic) as they have total control over case contents and release schedules. I'm hoping if it's proves to be a success, then TRU will be the exclusive outlet for the 2013 ranges too. In the UK, they have dropped the standard singles and when stocks dry up (if anyone still needs to buy Finn with wings or hydrofoil that is) they will drop the deluxe too along with the doubles/Movie Moments, which has more or less died in the UK anyway.

Comment

Interesting story, niftynigel... TRU staff members are not the only ones not impressed with Mattel's marketing and distribution of Cars2 (and Cars in general) merchandise... I've been saying for years, Cars sell in spite of Mattel, not because of Mattel... that is also interesting about TRU having total control of case contents and release schedules of the Radiator Springs Classic products... Too many retail chains don't have a clue about how to order product.

Comment

Working...
                              X