Coming soon to Target - 12 pack with Carrying Case

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coming soon to Target - 12 pack with Carrying Case

While on an advanced scouting trip for next weekend's Kmart 9 event, I stopped at a Target across the road from a Kmart store I'll visit... I did see a few of the newest Quick Changers in the Spy Series but left them... and I saw a new price tag that caught my eye...

The Target number is 087-07-0521
    The price is $49.99

It's a Cars 12 pack with carrying case.

None on the shelf and none in the back... I wonder what Cars will be in the 12 pack... and how many will be new...

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Im gonba take a wild guess and say all the racers (minus rip) and either 2 exclusives (maybe crew chiefs not yet released) or 1 mater and an exclusive as of yet unreleased/unknown fan.

Transformers for Trade
    Feedback: pixarcarsdiecast.com; cybertron.ca; tfw2005.com; ebay.ca

Comment

how about the rumoured 20 pack is actually 12 pack?

Comment

Originally posted by wintermelon View Post
        how about the rumoured 20 pack is actually 12 pack?
        I think you could be right, wintermelon... If you stop and think about it, a 20 pack might cost $70 to $80, and that may be too much money for most people, particularly if there are only a few exclusive new Cars.

Back in 2010 when the Target 9 pack was released with 4 new Cars (3 camera Cars and Timothy Twostroke), people complained about the $40 retail price... it didn't really start selling until the price was cut to $30... During Cars2, Mattel has charged $30 to $50 for a multipack with only 1 or 2 new Cars (and in the case of the TRU Racer 10 pack, 0 new Cars).

A 12 pack with crew chiefs and racers would be good if it contained at least 6 new Cars, in my opinion.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

As long as this 12 pack has at least 6 exclusive or old previously released Cars that I don't have yet (Becky Wheelin, Don Crumlin, Prince Wheeliam etc..), I'll buy it. Just as long as I can find it at Target one day. Oh how I hate not having a Target...

Speaking of Prince Wheeliam, I would love for this to be the 12 pack.

Lightning McQueen w/ Racing Wheels
          Finn McMissile
          Race Team Mater (different facial expression)
          Lewis Hamilton
          Nigel Gearsley
          Shu Todoroki
          The Queen
          Prince Wheeliam
          Chauncey Fares (exclusive)
          Sgt Highgear (exclusive)
          Sir Harley Gassup (exclusive)
          Union Jack Ramone (exclusive)

I would gladly buy this amazing set, especially since The Queen and Prince are pretty rare and there are 4 exclusives. I wouldn't even care if there's a Finn, McQueen and Mater! (well, maybe a little... )
          Last edited by Fillmore1234; 10-13-2012, 05:36 AM.

Comment

HAhahahaha!!!! I think it doesn't matter as long it is in 20pack or 12pack
            We want new cars!!!!!!

However, i am still looking forward to the 20 pack.
            I hope the box won't be flimsy...

Comment

I hope this don't put anyone off the 12 or 20 pack it may be but I'm sure it will contain McQueen, Mater and Finn. The overstock of these cars has not disappeared and Mattel may think taking these from retailers has made it better for collectors and kids by putting new or should I say newer stock out there, these cars have gone somewhere and multiple packs are the best answer. I only just found 2x Case D clipstrips in Tesco this week upto Lewis and Carlos in. It clearly shows theres still lots of old stock in warehouses in the UK. I hope we do see new cars as I witnessed yesterday a mum saying to her boy you don't want them no more (referring to Cars) and pointing to beyblades instead. If Mattel don't do something soon this line will be finished sooner rather than later.

Comment

Ok guys Ive found the new 12 pack on ebay.
                http://www.ebay.com/itm/Disney-Pixar...item20cc5fab52
                I know we all want this.

Comment

Great find MarknotaMack!

well there's that Z that lovemini posted a little while ago.

For those too lazy to click the link:

EXCLUSIVE CAPTURED PROFESSOR Z
                  LIGHTNING MCQUEEN
                  FINN MCMISSILE
                  YOU THE BOMB MATER
                  HOLLEY SHIFTWELL
                  UNION JACK RAMONE
                  RACE TEAM FILLMORE
                  SALLY
                  SHERIFF
                  VICTOR H.
                  DON CRUMLIN
                  VLADIMIR TRUNKOV

I actually wouldn't mind that as I don't have most of those cars. I have 4 of them, but Mater is a variation so...I don't really count it lol

Originally posted by MarknotaMack View Post
                  I hope this don't put anyone off the 12 or 20 pack it may be but I'm sure it will contain McQueen, Mater and Finn.
                  And you were right!

Transformers for Trade
                  Feedback: pixarcarsdiecast.com; cybertron.ca; tfw2005.com; ebay.ca

Comment

Nice find, MarknotaMack... As I have all of them except for Captured Professor Z and Union Jack Ramone, I don't think I'll be buying the 12 pack unless it's a Black Friday special for $29.99 or less.

Comment

not a bad set given we can easily get Sheriff, Sally, Union Jack Ramone
                      but i will skip it and go for a loose one on Ebay.

Comment

Finn McMissile and Holley Shiftwell seem to be 1 piece.
                        I never bought You the Bomb Mater in the 5 pack (I'm now glad I didn't!)
                        Still have not found Don Crumlin in the wild
                        I lost my loose Sheriff so I need him too
                        Union Jack Ramone and Captured Professor Z are the exclusives and so I don't have them.

So looks like I sort of met my need of 6 new Cars... But with only 2 Exclusive Cars in a 12 pack, I don't think many other people are going to like this one.

Comment

Originally posted by Fillmore1234 View Post
                          Finn McMissile and Holley Shiftwell seem to be 1 piece.
                          I never bought You the Bomb Mater in the 5 pack (I'm now glad I didn't!)
                          Still have not found Don Crumlin in the wild
                          I lost my loose Sheriff so I need him too
                          Union Jack Ramone and Captured Professor Z are the exclusives and so I don't have them.

So looks like I sort of met my need of 6 new Cars... But with only 2 Exclusive Cars in a 12 pack, I don't think many other people are going to like this one.
                          I think is the price tag that scare people away.
                          If they could lower it perhaps many would get it?
                          Imagine this pack ever show up in Europe, Asia and Australia.
                          I guess it will be easily 70-80 USD.

Comment

8 cars that I don't have in there (well I don't have Cars 2 Sherrif and Sally)....

if it was in the UK at £31.14 ($49.99 equivalent) I'd probably buy it (£3.89 per car)

Comment

I will get this on Black Friday if this is going to be Target's special door buster. Or if they overstock it, I will wait until after Christmas to get it on clearance.

signature courtesy of BomBom77
                              http://www.pixarcarsdiecast.com/foru...ars-for-trades

Comment

Working...
                              X