Displaying Collection idea - thoughts

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Displaying Collection idea - thoughts

While I was at my moms house, I stumbled across a box of my old hockey card collections (nothing rare, I checked LOL). Seeing some of my cards in the plastic display boxes gave birth to an idea.

Obviously these won't stack so well, 2 high at the most, but has anybody used any Ultra Pro plastic cases to display cars?

http://www.collectorscache.com/Store...ro100ctbox.jpg

Something like that anyways...they make taller ones.

I didn't have any cars with me so I couldn't see the fit with them.

My main concern is keeping them clean. Passing a swiffer duster on top of the cases would be alot quicker then picking up each car individually lol.

Transformers for Trade
    Feedback: pixarcarsdiecast.com; cybertron.ca; tfw2005.com; ebay.ca

I've been displaying the Race Cars I have in these.

http://www.policecarmodels.com/m21dicapaof5.html

They were sold at Walmart about 2 years ago and cleared out for pretty cheap. This store looks like they are selling them for $7 for a 5 pack. I guess it depends on how much you want to spend per car to display them. King is about the largest car you will fit in these. (Not for Maters, but great for WGP and Piston cup cars)

signature courtesy of BomBom77
    http://www.pixarcarsdiecast.com/foru...ars-for-trades

Comment

that could work bobbyjack. I'll take a look in my local hobby stores and see if they have any of these or something similar.

Transformers for Trade

Comment

http://www.qvc.com/qvc.product.C1767...BV1&tpl=detail

This is the closest I can find to my display cabinet that I have. A relative of mine got it at some auction for around $125 to $150, but I think we got it pretty cheap. It's supposed to hold up to 48 1:24 scale Nascar Cars, but it does wonderfully at fitting over 300+ 1:55 scale Cars

Here is the instruction manual that came with it. Mine was already assembled so it's pretty useless to me haha. There are 4 Glass Protectors that go on all 4 sides (it's a rotating shelf) but since I like to arrange my Cars frequently in the shelf I don't use them. If I did use these they would never need to be dusted but I'm okay with dusing them once or twice a month.

Comment

I thought about displaying cars, but that would mean I'd have to buy 2 of each...

Plus I'd rather spend my cash on new cars rather than display cases....

Both options but bobbyjack and Fillmore1234 look like good solutions if you want to give them a try...

GotFrank has also created some good custom shelves from wood and cac1959 has gone for the Carney display cases (he can even reel off the model numbers if you ask...!!!)

All look good

Comment

I've thought about building some form of a display case, but lets just say this guy is no handy man lol.

I'll take a look. I've seen some rather interesting things at the dollar store that could be used as well...just need to figure out how LOL>

Transformers for Trade

Comment

check the ikea web site, theres a nice glass stand alone unit, cant rem price or dimensions, about 5x2x2, but it looks neat

Comment

I use Carney plastic cases, they are great http://www.carneyplastics.com they are also sold by Traver on CTC
                I am jbail10... I am also a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

I wish i could find someone that makes the blister card protectors (Carney sells them, but they are too small for the Disney Cars)
                  I am jbail10... I am also a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

the carney displays are what I want...but a bit out of my price range. Actually...I don't even have a budget LOL

Transformers for Trade

Comment

DeceptiCog72283,
                      Actually your main concern for now should be how do you want to display them.
                      You want this to be a permanent fixture or changeable? From there you move on with how you want to display and source your cabinet / anything.
                      I think diorama is cool :P Maybe you can try that! Gotfrank have some really nice diorama.

I use the displays from the Japanese shop / dollar shop and they are stackable.
                      Due to space limit. I change my display very often. This is also a way for me to keep playing with my cars.
                      HAHAHA

Originally posted by jbail10 View Post
                      I wish i could find someone that makes the blister card protectors (Carney sells them, but they are too small for the Disney Cars)
                      Same here i would love to have some myself
                      From time to time i do see some sellers sell their cars with blister card protector.
                      However, they are no where on Ebay Maybe i didn't search hard enough

Comment

Originally posted by wintermelon View Post
                        Same here i would love to have some myself
                        From time to time i do see some sellers sell their cars with blister card protector.
                        However, they are no where on Ebay Maybe i didn't search hard enough
                        They used to be on Toywiz.. in fact, the last one they had just sold out in the past week. BUT they were only for the Movie Moments.
                        http://www.toywiz.com/carsplasticcasemm.html

Comment

Ah... Toywiz.. i used to visit their shop pretty often and i didn't see that myself.
                          Thanks for the info...

Comment

I have a Metro shelf unit, the chrome wire shelves and have the clear mats that fit them. 9 shelves total.

Comment

I have 4 Carney Plastics display cases (3 CP-21/24 and 1 SA/100) and 4 smaller custom built display cases made by Deano from carsthetoys.com... all are full... I need more... but am very low on wall space... I may need to go with a floor standing unit like others have used.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

Working...
                              X