Displaying Collection idea - thoughts

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cac1959 View Post
    I have 4 Carney Plastics display cases (3 CP-21/24 and 1 SA/100) and 4 smaller custom built display cases made by Deano from carsthetoys.com... all are full... I need more... but am very low on wall space... I may need to go with a floor standing unit like others have used.
    Are your Carney Plastics Display Cases mirror-backed or clear? If I ever get one I would rather it be clear but it seems as if the only option of Children's Toy Closet is mirror-backed. The only clear backed display Case is for the Haulers, which I may end up getting unless I can actually find a clear-backed Singles display. I'm running out of space as well and I am in need of something else.

In fact, I'm so out of room I'm moving all of my Cars into a new room! There's exercise equipment that doesn't really belong in this room so I think I may just move my Cars into there. It should hopefully be done by the end of January, it just depends on how much time I have.

(What's even cooler is one of my relatives is an electrician who was somehow able to get his own stoplight. I guess he took it from somewhere in the hopes of getting it to work but never had the time to. It's pretty old and looks pretty similar to the one in Radiator Springs. He said he is wanting to get rid of it so I may take it and put it in there! AND he may even be able to program it for me to light up and stay on the yellow light! How awesome is that?!)

Comment

All of my display cases are clear back...

Traffic light just like Radiator Springs? That would be too cool!

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

I fo rather enjoy the look of the carney display cases. I think the mirror back gives it a nice touch. After xmas is over and finances are back in order Ill be looking more into details for a bigger display.

I only have about a dozen cars for my collection so its not a pressing need right away. Couple of hobby shops in thw area that I'd want to look into as well.

Will also need bigger ones for my DubCity cars by Jada.

Fillmore, that flashing light would be awesome in a cars room. Post some pics if you get it

Transformers for Trade
        Feedback: pixarcarsdiecast.com; cybertron.ca; tfw2005.com; ebay.ca

Comment

I have the Mirror Back and love them. Looks really cool and you can see the other sides of the Cars.

signature courtesy of BomBom77
          http://www.pixarcarsdiecast.com/foru...ars-for-trades

Comment

The display I have built last year, I have to move at the end of the week, I will send you updated pictures as soon as I have rebuilt it:

Comment

What an incredible display, David... Thank you for sharing your photo... good luck with your upcoming move.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

Veey nice David. I would love to have a display like that...and a collection like that.

Ive also been toying with the idea of shadow boxes and those "invisible" shelves.

Transformers for Trade

Comment

Cars Rack.jpg

Here is the type of rack I was talking about. Sorry for it being blurry.

Comment

I think I've seen similar racks at walmart. With a piece of plexiglass for the shelves, looks like it gets the job done quite well

thanks for sharing

Transformers for Trade

Comment

i say have a good look around and think out the box in term of how to display them,

do you want to display a few cars or a full scale collection?

how much room do you have?

my cabinet came with 3 glass shelfs and a wooden base, i have created more space by adding extra shelfs and perpsex stands, it gives a different look to normal cabinets

Comment

I definetly thought about going with an out of the box approach. As to how much I want to display. I guess it depends on how many I can sneak by my wife :P LOL.

For the time being, my collection is rather small...a dozen cars or so, but I'm hoping to make it grow.

Transformers for Trade

Comment

I would suggest maybe a Perspex box of some sort, or even 1 glass shed with fancy stands to hold it up

Comment

I like the idea of the perspex boxes. I imagine these come in a variety of sizes? I could fit a few cars per box, make it nice and easy to clean.

I actually quite like the idea of somehow finding a way to mount smaller perspex boxes to the wall and having them like completely clear shadowboxes

Transformers for Trade

Comment

Working...
                            X