US Walmart stores - dump bin with 2013 singles case A

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• US Walmart stores - dump bin with 2013 singles case A

Many of you already know that US Walmart stores are getting a dump bin with 2013 singles case A... here's what it looks like:

I saw it at 3 of 6 Dayton (Ohio) area Walmart stores on Sunday... in 2 of them it was in the main aisle as you head from the front of the store to the back... in the 3rd, it was in the aisle on the edge of the Toy Department.

The dump bin pictured above contains Cars, Monster Trucks, and Hot Wheels... there are other dump bins that contain other toys as well.

I have not seen the 2013 case B at Walmart yet but friends have... and one even found Rip... case B stock is being found on the pegs in the Cars area and not in the dump bins.

I did find these at 2 of 6 Walmart stores yesterday - the new 2013 Case A Movie Moments (2 packs):

I do hope to open both Nigel/Austin and Bruno/Raoul sets soon and take pictures... I can't promise when - my youngest son and his wife are visiting from Texas and we've been spending time with them; hadn't seen them in 8 months...

Let us know what you find at Walmart... and for those of you in Canada, let us know if these show up at Walmart stores in Canada.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

I have found Case B at 3 Walmarts. Missed Rip each time. One store had it in the Red Dump Bins, and 2 had them on the pegs.

signature courtesy of BomBom77
    http://www.pixarcarsdiecast.com/foru...ars-for-trades

Comment

I was at one of two local walmarts last night and no sign of these anywhere. Will be going to the other one sometime this week. Hoping to find a couple of Macks.

Transformers for Trade
      Feedback: pixarcarsdiecast.com; cybertron.ca; tfw2005.com; ebay.ca

Comment

Bin 1:

Bin 2:

Yep, instead of replenishing with more 2013 Cars, they bring out another 2012 Case A.. that makes 158 2012 Case A Cars on the pegs, on the bins, and under the pegs.
        Yes I said under the Pegs. The Pegs for singles can only hold up to 84 Cars. There are over 70 more waiting for a better place to go. So I put them under here;

I'm now impatiently waiting for another $0.99 sale at WM because there's no way these are going to sell. There have been more than 5 of this same Case before these that were able to sell, these are just the overstock that won't quit coming in.

Comment

At least you guys are seeing the 2013 cars..
          There isn't anything new for a long long time...
          Take Flight Case A,B and C is my only score for 2013
          Otherwise, collecting cars has been really bad

Comment

Check out this Red Bin I found in Walmart on my way home...

They filled this one with Micro Drifters! Sure there were a few McQueens and Francescos at the bottom. I had already been in this store a few days ago when they filled it with Case A cars. I was hoping they would restock with Case B cars, but didn't expect this.

Comment

if any member would like to purchase the new movie moments at that price i would be most grateful,

Comment

I hear ya. The last new case I saw in Charlotte, NC was the Radiator Springs Ramone case.
                Once I saw the 2013 cars on the pegs, I could hardly contain myself.

Originally posted by wintermelon View Post
                At least you guys are seeing the 2013 cars..
                There isn't anything new for a long long time...
                Take Flight Case A,B and C is my only score for 2013
                Otherwise, collecting cars has been really bad

Comment

Distribution continues to be hit and miss... I've seen the bin at less than half of the Walmart stores I've been to... our local Walmart got in 3 2013 case A singles but put them on the pegs... most of the Walmart stores in eastern Indiana/western Ohio have gotten in nothing newer than the 2012 Case A with Mel Dorado... Meijer has gotten in nothing newer than the 2011 case with Carlo Maserati/Lewis Hamilton... other than Kmart Cars event Cars, nothing new at the county Kmart... Kohl's has pretty much done away with singles - all their stock is leftover from last year at Christmas.

Congratulations on seeing the 2013 singles, fongkx.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

Found the dump bins at Walmart tonight with Case A and B in it...no Rip....looked in regular Car section....Case B there except Rip.

Comment

Originally posted by bobbyjack View Post
                      Check out this Red Bin I found in Walmart on my way home...
                      They filled this one with Micro Drifters! Sure there were a few McQueens and Francescos at the bottom. I had already been in this store a few days ago when they filled it with Case A cars. I was hoping they would restock with Case B cars, but didn't expect this.
                      Bobbyjack how much are the Microdrifters in that bin worth? We pay $15.00 over here. Its ridiculous!

Comment

Originally posted by OzzieMum View Post
                        Bobbyjack how much are the Microdrifters in that bin worth? We pay $15.00 over here. Its ridiculous!
                        Not bobbyjack but to answer your question...

Typical Micro Drifter prices in the US are $5.97 at Walmart, $5.99 at Target, Kmart, and Meijer... Toys R US has been $6.99 but they might have cut the price to $5.99... They are one of the few Cars products I didn't buy... If I remember right, I've only seen newer models at Walmart... I've not seen the 2013 versions at any store.

I thought $2 per Micro Drifter was too much... $5 per Micro Drifter is definitely too much.

Comment

They had dumped the microdrifters in there but also had tons on the pegs too. Nobody seems to be buying them for $5.97 each. I stopped at the same 24 hour Walmart this morning where I had just missed Rip but picked up a Kabuto last week, The Red Bin was pretty empty; saw a few Victor H., and Rusty (or is it Dusty?), and a Race Team Mater. Every other car was McQueen or Francesco.

Comment

Here is the Dump Bin at the Walmart closest to where I work.

Well, I guess they are technically cars, but not the ones I'm looking for. Found one lonely J. Curby Gremlin in this bin.

Comment

According to a recent post by Met on TakeFiveADay,

http://www.takefiveaday.com/2012/12/...g-well-so-far/

the 2013 case A ended up becoming a near Walmart exclusive... I know that I found one case A at an Indianapolis Target store on November 28... and JMDL Toys had gotten in a small amount of their 2012 case A order but ended up being unable to get more and got a shipment of 2013 case B Cars.

In the last 2 weeks, I've not seen case A Cars anywhere other than Walmart.

Looking at bobbyjack's photo in the previous post, it looks like Walmart wanted to put something in the bin when the Cars were gone - that's why they put in Matchbox cars.

Comment

Working...
                              X