Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's your cheapest / best ever purchase?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's your cheapest / best ever purchase?

We've got a thread discussing what is your most expensive purchase, but not one for cheapest / best ever purchase in terms of value (I have to quantify this as best value purchase as a Deluxe car found for say £2 would be better than a single for £1.50)

Mine would have to be picking up Deluxe Frank at a Disney Store sale for £3. They were clearing out all of the Semi's they had and Frank has the same barcode...

Gotten quite a few good deals when Target, Walmart, and Kmart clears out old stuff. But the latest great deal was all the cars I needed from 2013 Case A and B from Walmart price matching Target's $1.99 sale price. Got the only Rip Clutchgonski I've found in the wild for $2.

signature courtesy of BomBom77
    http://www.pixarcarsdiecast.com/foru...ars-for-trades

Comment

Mine is kinda different, at a car boot sale i bought a bundle of 12 cars for £10, all in good condition and they included DJ, Boost, Snot Rod and Wingo as well as lizzie and some others.

Comment

I too found a Rip Clutchgoneski for $1.99 last week at Target... when you compare average price with one I bought on eBay for $28 shipped the week before it's still $15 per Rip... oops!

I did pick up some discontinued 3 packs at Meijer 2 weeks ago - they were 90% off - $2.00 with tax... I picked up a Take Flight Stu Bop for 75 cents on clearance as well... On a rare occasion, I've gotten some boxed sets at Target for 75% off - not living close to a Target though means I often don't get to take advantage of their clearance sales - luckily I have friends who will help me out with items at cost plus actual shipping.

Great bargains, MrBrownstone, bobbyjack, and Junior... we love Cars, and we love bargains on Cars.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

Gonna have to go with the night i went to walmart found case a and b minus rip the new 2 packs that night too and got everything price matched to $2 from the target sale! Spent close to $100 but had tons of cars!! The checkout people would be filing a post on the walmart forums that it was there worst night probably!! LOL

Comment

I'll have to compare retail and ebay prices for my purchase. Regular pricing in the US, but even calculating shipping it would be cheaper then all 4 at Canadian retail.

That would be Kmarts Celine Dephare, Acer with Torch, Mary Esgocar and Alex Hugo with party hat. $4 a piece is $16 and probably would average $8 for shipping (had other cars in there). Lets say $26 shipped. Here at retail I would have paid $7.62 +13% taxes (just under $35)

Ill also mention the Cars 2 movie moments. Regular price where I bought them is 16.99+13% taxes. Got them on sale for $5+13% taxes. Bought 3 of them, grem/damaged rod, security finn/acer and darreyl cartrip/brent mustangburger

Transformers for Trade
            Feedback: pixarcarsdiecast.com; cybertron.ca; tfw2005.com; ebay.ca

Comment

Hmm... well when I first started collecting last November, I found a Mattel Frank at CVS for $8. That set me on a month long trek to every CVS I could find. Naturally, on the way home one night, I stop by the same CVS and find another Frank which I eventually traded for a Damaged Mood Springs.

Trade wise, I've had two great, generous deals for me. I bought 32 of the racers for $100 and then had a very generous regular hook me up with rare Cars 1 cars & haulers at below retail from when they bought them. He easily could of made an extra $600 on eBay.

Comment

My cheapest ever would have to be the 3 Frosty's I got for FREE which is also my best ever!! The ones I got after that I paid retail for but still think that's just as good. 3 Free Frosty's with Frosty's signature on all of them for my 3 kids = priceless (literally!). And getting 2x Flash in the wild at retail (A$10)

After that would be Gil Hauler I got recently which had $34.95 price tag, it scanned up at 75% off & I bought it for $6.10!!
                Last edited by OzzieMum; 12-18-2012, 09:56 AM.

Comment

those are pretty sweet snags Ozziemum. I could always argue and say that a free Frosty from the competition here would be my best...but I didn't buy it lol.

I dream of one day owning a 2nd Super Chase lol.

Transformers for Trade
                  Feedback: pixarcarsdiecast.com; cybertron.ca; tfw2005.com; ebay.ca

Comment

For me it'd be the Storytellers on clearance @ Target. Showstoppers singles for $2 & change (each), Cousins 3-pack and Bubba & Brand New Mater for around $7 per set.

Comment

Love reading this thread..lots of great stories here! OzzieMum that is great with the Frosty's for each kid! TopherDawg $100 for all of those racers is incredible! And Frank people would kill for those Bubbas and you snagged them 3packs for $7 thats nice! Great finds everybody!

Comment

Working...
                      X