My 2 Day Buying Spree

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My 2 Day Buying Spree

So discouraged by my hunt for the remainder of the 2012 cars i need, and my fruitless search for Rip I went on a buying spree over the last 2 days. I was inspired by the stories I read here and I decided to go after the Rubber Tire Racers. It all started when i saw one on ebay for $4 forget which one but it was $5 shipping so i figured why not for $9. Then I check the guys profile and he combines shipping for $1 each additional car. Long story short I had to outbid people on a couple but got 7 cars for $41 not bad in my opinion. Here's what i got:
    • Bumper Save
    • Fiber Fuel
    • Gasprin
    • Spare O Mint
    • Vinyl Toupee
    • Shiny Wax
    • Impound Boost(Not a racer but figured why not for $4)

So then while at work today im browsing ebay again thinking about working on this new collection of older cars and i stumble upon another guy selling them a bit more expensive but i message him to see if he will give me a good deal and he came down a bit in price and now i spent another $44 with this guy and got:
    • Sidewall Shine
    • View Zeen
    • Rev N Go
    • Trunk Fresh
    • Faux Wheel Drive
    • Nitroade

So anyway long story short $85 dollars later I have 12 Rubber Tire Racers and Impound Boost. Im a bit lighter in the Paypal balance but excited to try to find them all now and my son is gonna freak out thats for sure!

If anyone can help me fill in the blanks let me know, im a little broke now but will rebuild!

Well done, thats good shooting!

Comment

Nicely done. I went on a shopping spree online as well at the beginning of November. It was fun but being empty in paypal is not. Now I have to refill it to buy more lol

Transformers for Trade
      Feedback: pixarcarsdiecast.com; cybertron.ca; tfw2005.com; ebay.ca

Comment

^Yeah buying is fun but when that balance gets low not so much! Not even going on ebay to search cause i know i will buy something if i do! Gotta just go on the selling end for a little while and sell off what i have left of Case A and B to get back in the game!!

Comment

I just did a trade for my 2nd to last racer today, Tach o mint. Now I just need an apple custom.

Good haul Scavenger, I need to finish my Impounds too, haha.

Comment

Thanks Topher...thats my only impound. If you have any doubles you wanna get rid of let me know...in a couple weeks. lol

Comment

Hey what you got for sale, il hopefully be looking to buy some once the christmas period is over

Comment

Originally posted by Scavenger View Post
                Thanks Topher...thats my only impound. If you have any doubles you wanna get rid of let me know...in a couple weeks. lol
                I only have Impound McQueen, I was going to purchase all the tunerz from someone on Take5 and then they disappeared. Funny this is, last Xmas I said I was going to get the Impounds and still haven't done it.

Comment

Originally posted by Junior View Post
                  Hey what you got for sale, il hopefully be looking to buy some once the christmas period is over
                  I'll pm you when i figure out what I have left.

Originally posted by TopherDawg View Post
                  I only have Impound McQueen, I was going to purchase all the tunerz from someone on Take5 and then they disappeared. Funny this is, last Xmas I said I was going to get the Impounds and still haven't done it.
                  Was actually talking more about the racers. But i have until July, I'm gonna hold off giving my son these until his birthday! He's got way too many cars coming from santa for xmas that we have to hold back some of them too!

Comment

Considering you're picking up rubber tire racers from Kmart 2, 3, 4, and 5... I think you did pretty well to get them at that price, Scavenger.

As far as Impound Cars are concerned, I found that Boost and McQueen were the 2 most common ones... Wingo and Snot Rod were the 2 most difficult to find... DJ was fairly easy to find at the time.

They are all pretty hard to find any more.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

Thanks cac...considering I see most go for $10 to $15 I thought it seemed like a good deal. Gonna stay focused on getting more of them for a nice big racer present for my sons bday in july. He loves the racers and when we watch cars hes always hinting that he doesn't have a lot of them! If I find the impounds along the way ill take em but im not really hunting for them. Im sure ill get most of the tuners from the 2013 series which will be good for him!

Comment

Some great buys there Scavenger...

I'm just glad I was collecting when those cars were available at retail and also have good friends in America who could help me out...

Comment

Everything from Day 4 and some of Day 3 I was able to find at retail. For Day 2 and the rest of the Day 3 cars, I was buying Launchers or getting them on eBay. Not a bad haul.

signature courtesy of BomBom77
                          http://www.pixarcarsdiecast.com/foru...ars-for-trades

Comment

Yeah its tuff when you get in the game a little late. I didnt start hunting for cars till i guess around Day 8 so im pretty much screwed unless i find somebody with them on the site, or gotta keep searching ebay for the sellers that at least wont rape me! I have been selling on ebay too to help cover the costs of some of the ones i need to buy. But i usually just put them up at retail and hope they go higher, the $2 sale helped me out pretty good!

Comment

Working...
                            X