Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do you keep track what you have and missing?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

poster marked!
    My collection: http://www.jokibe.forumgratuit.lu/t2...cas-und-victor

Comment

I guess I just remember mostly. Sometimes if it is too old , so pretty much anything before 2012, I have to find the initial case lists so I know what is out there, but I memorize it and usually remember. The only jam I get in, is that as an opener, if we have opened it, I assume we have it, even though I collect a carded collection too. So that means I did not end up getting all the 2012 deluxe also on cardback, once I looked back through them. Now it's not an issue, because my son hasn't just been getting cars left and right anymore. He will only get them on special occasions. So he is so many cars behind, I do not always get two of each anymore especially if it is just a variant car, and just put it up for his carded collection. Or if the car turns out to be really hard to get. It used to be, when in doubt, we open. 200 plus opened cars later, it's the other way around unless it's some character he really, really wants.

Comment

Originally posted by ksammut View Post
        I went to this website and printed out each of the pages. Then, I checked off the cars I knew I had. Then, I looked in my collection and checked off all the cars I had. Whatever I don't have checked off, I don't have.
        http://bdd.worldofcars-forum.fr/
        Thank you for pointing my site.
        I am sorry, I know it is in french, but from this site, you can create a login/password account, then you will access an area from where you can create checklists. Choose a name (I have, I am looking for, etc...) and each time you will be logged in, you will be able to check your cars. I am working on an Android and Iphone app to store your checklists, even when you have no Internet connection like me when you are in a store...

I should add a few screenshots... Here is how to proceed:
        - click on the link "Me connecter à mon compte" => "Connect to my account"
        - enter you login password or "Cliquez ici pour créer votre compte" => "Click here to create your account" and just choose an login and password.
        - then, you will be able to create your first checklist: "Nom de ma nouvelle liste" => "Name of my new checklist"

Please, try this and if anyone feels concerned, any help to translate these terms in English is welcome.
        Last edited by David Vincent; 11-28-2013, 06:41 AM.

Comment

Here is an example, I have created 3 lists to check the Cars I have, the ones I am looking for or the ones I have ordered.
          When I am logged in, it displays checkboxes under each cars and I can check them to include my cars in each checklist I need:
          Last edited by David Vincent; 11-28-2013, 06:42 AM.

Comment

interesting david! Good advertising for your forum! But i'll keep on marking my poster on the fridge with my son
            My collection: http://www.jokibe.forumgratuit.lu/t2...cas-und-victor

Comment

I do need to choose another method of keeping track of what I have... because trusting my memory isn't working as well as I'd like for it to... I end up with too many of some... and have traded away all of others... I'd like to have something that I carry on my iPhone - that way when I'm in a store I'll know if I really need to buy 4 more Rips at Meijer or 2 more Chase Francesco Fan Mater at $11 each with tax from Elder-Beerman... as it turns out, I bought them all (but did leave a Rip at TRU at $4.99).

There have been many great suggestions made in this post - thank you for sharing them.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

I just can't do those quantities anymore. I remember I got something like 10-12 Harumis back with case F, and just about freaked out when I noticed I had traded away all but 4 or 5. Now that it is re-released, that's probably more than I need.

I'm going back to the days of a max of 3 or 4, unless it is a chase or super chase, of course.

Comment

Working...
                X