World Grand Prix - Splash Speedway & Hydro Wheels & Boat

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• World Grand Prix - Splash Speedway & Hydro Wheels & Boat

Saw another new Cars item on a Cars hunt today... the World Grand Prix Splash Speedway:

Launch and race on water.

Unlike other sets, we can't see the actual vehicle included in the set as it's completely inside the box... I took a second photo showing the UPC but didn't look at it when I took it and it's too blurry to read.

I saw this at one of 2 Meijer stores I stopped at today... I think it was $25.99.

Being plastic it's a pass for me... for those of you with youngsters, it might be fun to play with in the tub or once it warms up in a swimming pool.

Now if Meijer would only get in new diecast Cars... all their sales are over.

Let us know what other stores you see the World Grand Prix Splash Speedway at.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

cac1959 any news on the Yatch from the same series?

Comment

Wow, this is actually pretty neat! I'm very interested in seeing how these work, so I may buy some when and if I see them in the wild to test them out.

Comment

This is the only item I saw from the series, wintermelon... I will keep an eye out.

Looking forward to your report after you test them out, Fillmore1234...

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

Originally posted by Fillmore1234 View Post
          Wow, this is actually pretty neat! I'm very interested in seeing how these work, so I may buy some when and if I see them in the wild to test them out.
          same here, waiting for the feedback! i might buy the cars for my daughter!
          she loves to play with water when bathing

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYzdkj9y5CM

There's Blucollection's review on these. Well at least I now know that I'm not buying these. Pitifully boring and slow.

Comment

Wow... the stand alone are not good at all... I am glad I didn't buy the set I saw at Meijer today...

This is the first review from BluCollection that I didn't watch all the way through to the end.

Mattel needs to concentrate on the mainline diecast Cars.

Comment

Pretty sad looking indeed! Thanks for sharing the video link!

I am a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

that is the best blu collection vid for a while I laughed the whole way thru, especially the bit where he finally just chucks them in the water, dont think i,ll get em mind, but you could play pooh sticks with them

Originally posted by cac1959 View Post
                  Wow... the stand alone are not good at all... I am glad I didn't buy the set I saw at Meijer today...

This is the first review from BluCollection that I didn't watch all the way through to the end.

Mattel needs to concentrate on the mainline diecast Cars.

Comment

I received a text message from indykjt from Nathan's Playroom today... he saw some new Cars merchandise at an Indianapolis area Meijer... here are pictures:

Hydro Wheels Jeff Gorvette:

Hydro Wheels Lightning McQueen:

Hydro Wheels Max Schnell:

These seem to go with the World Grand Prix Splash Speedway... The singles are $5.99 each.

We've seen the video review... thanks to indykjt, we've seen photos of the singles... in theory they sound nice... Cars to play with in the bathtub... But we've seen the review from BluCollection... as long as I can find diecast Cars to spend my money on, that's where I'll put my money.

Thank you for the heads up and the pictures, indykjt!

Comment

They make the packages look so cool! It almost makes me think that Blucollection was doing something wrong, because those things should probably go faster in the water.

I like the packaging so much, it temps me to buy them and keep the carded.. But I will hold on buying them for now. I love the little water droplet decal on top of the Cars too!

Comment

I expected them to work something like this.
                        It is just our bath tub toys in disguise
                        I am still looking forward to see reviews on the race track.

I checked both Blucollection's review on the stunt and hydro cars.
                        Both really sucks.... Mattel should really concentrate on pumping the 1:55 diecast out.

Comment

Today I saw the Porto Corsa Splash N Race Boat at a Walmart store... $19.97:

Here's the back:

I'd have paid $4.97 for it and probably would have paid $9.97 for it... the Hydro Cars just aren't selling... and they're showing up at more and more stores.

Comment

i saw all the splash toys at my local walmart
                            easy pass for me

Comment

Now if it was remote control I would definitely get it for the kids to play with in the pool. But $20 is pretty steep for something plastic that just floats if you ask me!!

Comment

Working...
                              X