Miss of the century

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Miss of the century

I was browsing on ebay the other night and someone had a joblot of disney cars, about 25 or so, when i looked closely at the pictures i could identify several of the piston cup racers and a barry diesel, none of the names were listed and the pictures were not great so i thought i had a chance to snag a real bargain - i was not long finished work and i helped my wife put the wee man to bed and settled down in front of the TV and dozed off - when i woke up my laptop was still sitting and the auction had 7 seconds left - try as i did, i wasnt in time and the bundle was sold for £36. Needless to say i was gutted. Anyone else with any similar tales of woe?

I have to say that I saw those ones too. I would say that the Barry Diesel is too small to be the Diecast one so don't feel so bad. I'm curious which one it is though?

Comment

That does make me feel better, although i did initially think that i have not seen any other versions of him so i thought it must have been.

Comment

I remember missing a mint carded Lizzie for £5 buy it now once on ebay. That hurt.

Comment

Peter McQueen has a tale of joy regarding ebay. He once miss-spelt Lightning McQueen and it resulted in one hit - an auction for three great customs without a reserve. He picked up a real bargain...

Comment

Factory customs.

Comment

Not a miss but a very near miss I took a gamble on.. turned out to be one of my best buys ever.. On eBay was a badly described set of three metallic LMQ's with terrible out of focus pictures, I asked for a buy now price and they guy came back and said they are very rare and wanted £25 for the three. Which I took the gamble on and agreed to buy, turned out to be Hong Kong couple factory custom cars which I've never seen since in anyone else's collection.

Comment

Working...
              X