Dodgy Cars?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dodgy Cars?

I was browsing on ebay and came across some cars which are normally quite pricey, but were going really cheap, on investigating further there were clear differences in the appearances especially around the windows and the eyes, mostly all of them were from china or hong kong and i was just wondering if these cars were shameless attempts at fakes or if they were perhaps prototype or backdoor cars? Any thoughts guys?

any links? lol

Probably backdoor cars. I know I've seen a few Piston Cup racers with parts from other Piston Cup Racers (ex: Octane Gane with blue wheels, probably from ViewZeen).

They may not be official releases, but they still might be nice looking and may look nice in a collection

Transformers for Trade
    Feedback: pixarcarsdiecast.com; cybertron.ca; tfw2005.com; ebay.ca

Comment

I've seen PC racers put together Frankenstein style with the wrong part before. Or could they be the less desirable Disney Store versions? Or the could be "knock offs" which means they're complete counterfeits...

Comment

Originally posted by DeceptiCog72283 View Post
        any links? lol

Probably backdoor cars. I know I've seen a few Piston Cup racers with parts from other Piston Cup Racers (ex: Octane Gane with blue wheels, probably from ViewZeen).

They may not be official releases, but they still might be nice looking and may look nice in a collection
        Il post the link when i can find them again, basically cars like chick hicks for example but they had a hevy black line round about the windows and eyes which is not there on the proper ones that i have. They look similar except for that so i was just curious.

Comment

oh yeah...I completly forgot about knock offs. I am very much aware of those in the Transformers world, but didn't think about it here lol

Transformers for Trade

Comment

About a year ago there was a Tach O Mint with plastic tires... turned out that the rear window assembly and the wheels/rims were from Vitoline.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

Hi, couldnt find the original link but here is one showing the heavy black line around the window/eyes which also seem to be inset more than mine

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HOT-100-or...item4d075ca70e

Comment

That's a lenticular ("Look My Eye Move") Chick.

Comment

Occasionally you'll see "dodgy cars" in other countries and at small town events... I saw some knock-off stuff this past September in our town's "fall event"... and look what boogity found in Malta:

Since when did Leak Less and Retread appear on Mack's trailer? Or The King's as well?

Thanks for the pictures, boogity... those may be cars but they are not Cars..

I've also seen on eBay a Chick Hicks hauler that looks like the Chick trailer with a green Mack cab...
                  http://www.ebay.com/itm/Disneys-Cars...item1c29dfc5fd

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

I'm on the fence on knock off products. I know they are wrong and all that lovely jazz...but some of them (especially in the transformers world) are absolutly stunning. Some are just funny and cheap, but could be interesting to own.

speaking of transformers, looks like the last picture has some knock off transformers as well (right side of the picture)

Transformers for Trade

Comment

My dodgy cars find...
                      20130120_111937.jpg20130120_111958.jpg

I know some Cars collectors are total against backdoor which i am opposite of it.
                      Once you open them and there is no way for you to determine whether they are backdoor or not (unless they do not have production codes).

Since we are on this topic, i just wish to remind collectors be cautious when buying some of the Cars 1 out of production characters from backdoor sellers.
                      These are some counterfeit which is 99% identical to Mattel. There is a story behind this but i rather keep my mouth shut.
                      -Wingo
                      -Sheriff
                      -Lizzie

DeceptiCog72283,
                      It depends on situation but I am usually fine with knock off and cost factor is my reason.
                      Most kids i know only wish to play their toys for a few times.
                      No point spending lots of $$$ and getting something they barely play.
                      I rather get a knock off angry bird scene recreation toy w launcher for $15 and not $30 - $50.
                      They end up serving the same purpose. You launch, bird hit and pig falls. :P
                      Agree. sometimes these knock off tend to be better and offer more choices. LOL

Comment

well those cars I found in the market wernt bad, only bought mcq, with hindsight Ishould have got the all singing all dancing sarge, it was 1.18 th scale ish and was 6.50e
                        too big to take home
                        over the years i,ve some across some good stuff on holidays, much more interesting a find than some of the dross thats in the shops at home in the uk

Comment

Working...
                        X