No announcement yet.

Mail delays - USPS (US Postal Service)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mail delays - USPS (US Postal Service)

Just want to give everyone a heads up that it's taking longer for items to move through the US Postal Service (USPS) than we're used to... There were significant budget cuts which resulted in post offices being closed or gone to reduced hours... For example, our local post office is now open only afternoons Monday through Friday 12:30 - 4:30 and 9 to 11 am on Saturday.

Sorting centers are taking longer to get through packages... Packages are taking longer at customs... This impacts both domestic and international packages... let me share some examples.

Package from Asia - mailed January 4... arrived in Chicago January 7... cleared customs January 11... left Chicago on January 14... arrived in Indianapolis January 15... it's out for delivery today but I imagine I'll have to pick it up at the post office.

Package from JMDL - left Fresno (California) on January 8... scheduled delivery January 15... left Bell Gardens (California) on January 10... no update since then.

Package from Ozzie Mum - left Australia on January 3... delivered on January 15... packages in 2012 took 1 week.

I know I also have other packages in transit from Asia and the UK as well as packages going to other states and countries.

Hopefully the delivery speed will pick back up to what we're used to.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

If it helps you calculate your times - you posted Frosty to me on 23 Dec, and he arrived here with me in the UK on 08 Jan.

Comment

Packages being sent within the US international seem to still be getting to Australia in the normal timeframe, I've had a few packages arrive that have taken a week (one case even less!) to arrive in Australia, unfortunately it's not been the case as mentioned above for parcels sent to the US by me. Thanks for letting us all know, I've been wondering why my packages have not arrived at their destination in their normal timeframe & this has cleared it up...hopefully the rest of the parcels will safely make it to their destination very soon!

Comment

Hopefully the JMDL order comes soon (as cac and I split a Case) as I'm getting antsy to get the Cars inside! Haha.. It's kind of worrying me how there's not been a single update in 6 days. Hopefully that changes soon...

Comment

Working...
        X