Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Route 66 signs - which one would you buy?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like #3 and #5!

I am a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

Originally posted by GotFrank View Post
      carslover it is a Disney Movie Rewards item. http://www.disneymovierewards.go.com/rewards/cars-sign I was halfway to the points required. When they (DMR) dropped the required point's from 8,000 to like 1,500 as a Christmas promotion. I missed out on that opportunity and had been collecting points for the sole purpose of getting the sign. So missing out on it gutted me! But with the help of cac1959 and a trade I was able to get one off of EBay to the tune of around $120. And I spend my 4,000 points on other Cars items instead, poster set & a bobble McQueen. (My son also got an Agent P wall clock.)
      GotFrank is that very heavy? I signed up to the Australian Movie Rewards & they have nothing compared to the awesome stuff on the US version. I love this sign, but I'd imagine postage would be a killer if I ever bought one off eBay! Nice collection too BTW - love how you've got everything displayed.

Comment

It is hefty... The front is all plastic. But the black ring around the outside is metal. Plus there's the weight of the LED lighting on the inside. And on the power cord there's a power transformer. That you might just want to replace with one for your standard voltage, and match the output voltage of the transformer. The one (transformer) I got burnt out weeks after getting it. Also of note, it's been a common report that since the red color is back-painted on clear plastic. Some (including mine) have small light leaks (specks). Were the paint wasn't applied fully or was nicked or scratched during assembly. I remedied mine by using a red permanent marker and coloring over the white light leaks. But in order do it right one would need to drill out a couple rivets, disassemble, then carefully hand paint each speck with a red acrylic glaze. So..... Marker. Also one of my spikes (top of the logo) was broken off on transit from Chris to me and we're neighboring states. Post usually takes 2 days at the most to get here from him. So not a lot of stops along the way. Oz on the other hand I would consider having the original box packed in a a larger one with more packing material. All that being said it's a cool light and glad to have it. I hooked up a cordless light switch of the wall for it too

And finally thanks for the compliment, the whole display can be seen here.

Comment

Originally posted by cac1959 View Post
          I added the picture of the real Route 66 sign from Missouri for you, John.

Thank you Chris! I remember when you drove through the state.

Comment

I like #1 as well. I also am a license plate type of person so maybe that one as a secondary choice?

Comment

Working...
            X