Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do you think the Pegwarmers will be?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do you think the Pegwarmers will be?

From what we know has already been released / advertised to be released

http://www.pixarcarsdiecast.com/foru...&p=737#post737

from Cars 2 what do you think the pegwarmers will be?

In the same breath, are you surprised at the volumes of the assortments that we're aware of?

I think that Submarine Finn McMissile will warm the pegs - he's just a variant and seems to be in multiples in every case. Obviously LMQ will be a peg warmer at some point, but probably not early on. I'm still undecided about Race Team Mater as he never seemed to be on the pegs for long when he was released for Cars 1.

The big surprise for me is the amount of Francesco's that are being released this early on. I suppose I'm comparing him to Chick Hicks who has always been difficult to find. Have Mattel been listening to what the collectors have been saying? (I don't think so, but hey, we can fool ourselves!)

My take on pegwarmers, based on what I've seen in many stores in the US in the 10 days since the official launch...

Singles: Finn, Francesco, McQueen with Racing Wheels, Race Team Mater, and even Rod Torque Redline.

Deluxe: Submarine Finn McMissile, Holley Shiftwell with wings

Launchers: all but Shu so far - I am surprised that they don't seem to be selling.

2 packs: the ones with Finn, Race Team Mater, and Francesco/McQueen with party wheels... even the 2 Walmart exclusive 2 packs (Finn with weapon/Grem) and Mater with Spy Glasses/Acer seem to be pegwarmers so far...

3 packs: the ones with Finn and Holley seem to be pegwarmers (even the Trunkov one)... the one that seems to be selling is the one with Mater, McQueen, and the Double Decker bus.

The Kmart exclusive Pit Crew Mater and Toys R Us exclusive Lightning McQueen with metallic paint seem to be very popular... the Kmart exclusive 2 packs appear not to have been released yet... I think the Toys R Us 5 packs may turn out to be pegwarmers.

I think a lot of stores have gotten in a lot of inventory that's based on poor case assortments and distributions and are going to get stuck... For example, the local Meijer store got in 20 of the B case singles... why not get in 5 cases each of A, B, C, and D? And they are not the only store with questionable case selection.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

Pretty much everything you stated, cac, is what we're seeing out here on the west coast. I'm also noticing that Sarge is going nowhere fast. The fact that case A and B Deluxes are essentially the same has not helped matters any. Pegs are clogged with not only submarine Finn and Holley with wings, but also (to a lesser extent) DD Bus and Red. All the 2-packs besides the ones with RT Redline and Brent Mustangburger have stalled already.

Comment

That's Mattel's great distribution for you, you'd think they would have had plenty experience the first time round....And I don't think the stores have much in a choice when it comes to case assortments either, get what your given so to speak.. but I must say there seems to be a better variation, more selection in the case itself but then again all the cases seem similar. Thats why I'm going for the 2 packs...

Comment

Working...
        X