Walmart Spring 2013 reset - a closer look

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Walmart Spring 2013 reset - a closer look

I stopped at 5 Walmart stores today looking for the new pallet/box that several people have found... I didn't find it... but I did find one store getting ready to have their Spring 2013 reset... I took pictures of the sheets; let's take a look at what Cars this store is going to carry in an 6 foot wide Cars area (the entire aisle is 48 feet):

12 pegs of Mainline singles
    4 pegs of 2 packs
    3 pegs stunt racers
    4 pegs Micro Drifters 3 packs
    4 pegs Hydro Cars (I think)

on the shelves:
    Walmart Toons 3 packs, Rev Ups, Transforming Transporters, Cars Stunt RCR Launcher, Micro Mack Case

Lift & Launch Mack, Micro Drifters Drift Challenge, Cars VUM Racer, Splash Speedway

Lights & Sounds McQueen, 1:24 RC, Dinoco Stunt set, another Micro Drifters Design play set.

If I enlarge the photos, I can see some UPC codes and product numbers.

Now to see the right 1/3 of the planned Cars area:

3 pegs Walmart Mater's Tall Tales oversized, 3 pegs Cars oversized singles, 3 pegs Cars Flight diecast

On the shelves:
    Micro Drifters Rapid Fire, Walmart Toons
    Splash Speedway, Walmart Toons
    Cars Design Drift, Splash N Race

So it appears that this store is going to have a wide variety of Cars merchandise... a lot of it is going to be plastic... hopefully it's not a situation where they load up on beginning cases, get stuck with non-selling merchandise, and don't get in follow-up cases.

There are several Walmart exclusives listed on the sheet.

I'll be interested to find out what the Cars area looks like when the reset has finished.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Nice stuff cac! Hopefully this means that all WM's will be getting Toons in the near future.

Do you think WM will clearance off the remaining Porto Corsa peg warmers to make room for all the new endcaps we have been getting recently?

Comment

Since Toons are going to be a Walmart exclusive, I think they'll be available at every Walmart.

As far as putting the remaining Porta Corsa pegwarmers on clearance goes, I anticipate that as part of the contract they negotiated with Mattel, Mattel reps will have to go into stores to pull them, as they did the Finn McMissile singles/two packs at many stores last summer.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

so many of the walmarts i just went to were in such a mess
        if they are following a plan it is hard to tell
        it looks like they are putting the cars on whatever peg is open

Comment

Working...
        X