Should i let my son play with these?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should i let my son play with these?

Hi everyone, i was hoping i could get some advice on a few cars we recently bought. My son has a pretty good collection of Cars characters and it has become kind of a game with me and my wife trying to find cars he doesn't have. We recently came across a lady selling a lot of 10 loose cars for $12. She had several cars we don't have yet so we snagged them up. We like to save the cars and give them to our son as reward for good behavior. The cars we got were Lizzie, Doc Hudson, The Sheriff, Brand New Mater, Leak Less, Nitroade, King, Hamm and 2 Non-Cars disney cars. He already has King and Nitroade so we saved the extras. He plays with his Cars gently so they do get a little wear. My question is specifically about Lizzie and Doc Hudson. Both cars are mint and after a little looking, i'm starting to think these might be rare. Should i put these away for him so they don't get beat up? He probably would rather have another race car over either of these so i don't think we would be bummed he didn't get to play with them. If it helps any, the number on the bottom of Lizzie is 2946 EA and there is no number on the bottom of Doc (he is chrome on the bottom). All the other cars have some kind of wear so i'm not worried about giving those to him. Thanks for any advice you can give.

of course you should, these are kids toys after all, we on the site may be classified by others as....saddos, etc, myself included!!!!

Comment

My vote is yes as well... Doc Hudson has already been re-released in a Toys R US 3 pack... I might hang onto Lizzie just a while - if you're going to give them to your son one at a time, that might be a good one to save until you've given out the others... we're hopeful that Lizzie will be re-released in the future.

They are toys... while a few carded items may be worth a little, none of them are rare enough to pay for a child's college education.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

I agree with Chris. Hold on to Lizzie for a little while I know my son either bangs them up or loses them.

Comment

Meh, if you paid the normal retail price for them, let em at them. they are toys after all.

If you have paid through the nose for any of them, consider how you would feel when they are left dented, chipped and/or broken. Hence why I wont be getting my wee man Frank or Bessie anytime soon lol

Comment

How old is your son?

Comment

play value on almost all of these cars far exceeds the re-sell value. Now with that said, i am into the cars just as much as them, and some cars are "Daddies cars," and they do not play with those. I also do like Chris said, save the higher value one to let them have later.

Comment

I recall lovemini mentioned lizzie is coming back on 2014
                if she is then why not...

Actually, i will just give my kids to play. Their joy and laughter is always valuable
                If you are that concerned about the cars just tell them to play nicely...

Comment

Well I must agree with all the above comments.... Cars are for playing with and if your using these as incentives for your little man being good, then his reward should be to be able to have fun with them... Cars are only valuable to those who collect them, and people who clear shelves to make profit and send the values up are the people who ruin it for the little ones. Plus you got them at a bargain price anyways. So get them out and enjoy your little one having fun with them, cause before you know it he'll have grown up and have moved on to other things.

Comment

Neither one of those cars is rare as they were produced is massive quantities. Lizzie hasn't been produced in a couple years but is supposed to make a return soon. Give them to your kid to play with.

Comment

Play, play, play....

Definitely with Doc Hudson. If Lizzie is loose then I'd let him have her...

If you have any limited run cars (such as Red Ransburg LMQ) then leave that carded / for display. I'd play with all of the others.

I would give out Lizzie last from those mentioned as if your son gets bored with cars then you would be able to re-coup the maximum amount of money possible. But if your son asks for her then let him have her - you can't put a price on pleasing your child!

Comment

I also say let your son play with them all. You got them cheap so even if all are a write off when he is done playing, you haven't lost out on much $$$. Lizzie would be the hardest to find and if she was carded I'd say keep her aside but loose...... make your son happy!!!

Comment

play of course. your son likes these cars now, but he will not always like these cars. so give it to play when he still likes them and gets some fun from them. if the Lizzie is card and rare one, you can trade it for many loose ones for your son.

Comment

Got it, play it is. Thanks everyone!

Comment

Working...
                            X