How much do I weigh?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How much do I weigh?

Getting ready to start a new topic... And no, you're not guessing how much I or any of the other members of PCD weigh...

I was texting with Cars4josh yesterday... he mentioned his son had opened up a 2013 Brand New Mater which is a unibody Car - all diecast... he couldn't believe how much heaver it was than their first one which was a 2 piece body style... I know that a few years ago I'd weighed a Supercharged Mater and a ROR Mater and that there was a significant weight difference between the 2... Supercharged was almost all metal; ROR included a lot of plastic.

So in this topic, we'll post weights of Cars from different series... for some Cars we will include both carded and loose - I know I've got Mater carded in both DB12 and DB16 but won't be opening either of them to get the weight of the loose Car.

Later tonight I'll post weights of Mater, Finn McMissile, and Security Finn McMissile... if you'd like to post other Cars, we'll work on compiling a master list... This may best be done as a table - we'll figure something out.

Mater:
    DB12:
    DB16:
    Supercharged: 4.1 oz, 118 g
    World of Cars: 3.6 oz, 102 g
    Race O Rama:
    Final Lap:

Finn McMissile
    Porto Corsa: 2.5 ounces
    2013 1 piece: 3.0 ounces
    2013 2 piece: 2.6 ounces
    loose finn 1 piece 2.1 oz, 59 g, code 2372EAA
    loose 2 piece: 1.8 ounces (production code: 3350 EAA)
    loose finn 2 piece 1.7 oz, 49 g, code 3630EAA

Security Guard Finn McMissile
    2 piece loose from 2 pack: 2 piece 1.8 oz, 56 g, code 1871EAA
    2013 case D unibody: 2.3 oz, 70 g, code 3462EAA

And while my USPS postal scale measures in pounds and ounces, I know that some of you may have scales that measure in grams... we may need to work on conversions.

What's the point of this topic? Not only do unibody and diecast Cars look nicer, they weigh more and hold up better than their plastic versions.

Looking forward to our members weighing in on this topic.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

I would recommend grams, as metric is more precise than ounces.

Comment

It'll be interesting to see the differences. Nice topic.

Comment

I have a scale that will do .0000001 accuracy in grams, too much?

Comment

Originally posted by e.davies1 View Post
          I have a scale that will do .0000001 accuracy in grams, too much?
          You're hired!

If you would be willing to help out, that would be greatly appreciated... I'm not sure how accurately the conversion of ounces to grams will be on my USPS scale...

I'll do some weighing tonight... I meant to do it before now but I'm still feeling the effects of sinus, throat, and inner ear infections.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

Ye olde Postal Scale Challenge.
            Fun!

Comment

I've weighed 3 carded Finn McMissile singles...

Comment

loose mater from the 2006 dvd set 2.9 oz, 83 g
                no date code
                loose finn 1 piece 2.1 oz, 59 g
                code 2372EAA
                loose finn 2 piece 1.7 oz, 49 g
                code 3630EAA
                loose security finn 1 piece 2.3 oz, 70 g
                code 3462EAA
                loose security finn 2 piece 1.8 oz, 56 g
                code 1871EAA
                Last edited by carslover; 04-19-2013, 02:02 AM.

Comment

package mater superharged 4.1 oz, 118 g
                  packaged mater world of cars 3.6 oz, 102 g

Comment

Thanks for the weights, carslover... as we already see, there's a significant weight difference between diecast versus Cars containing plastic.

Comment

I don't think work will let me take their scale, but i do have one that goes to .1 gram accuracy. Is there a way to set this up as a spreadsheet?

Comment

Originally posted by e.davies1 View Post
                        I don't think work will let me take their scale, but i do have one that goes to .1 gram accuracy. Is there a way to set this up as a spreadsheet?
                        I think we can set up a spreadsheet in Google... I'll let you know...

Comment

packaged mater DB16 3.8 oz, 111 g

Comment

can any one tell me the weight of night vision mcqueen collectors in the card and kabuto ninja in the card please.

Comment

Kabuto Ninja in package 2.22 oz, 63 grams

Comment

Working...
                              X