downloadable checklist for your smartphone

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• downloadable checklist for your smartphone

I downloaded an app on my android compatible smart phone and made lists of all of the cars available, then and now, that can be used as a checklist to check off what I have (I will see if it is also on I-phone). As an opener, I divided cars up into a few groups like haulers, singles and megasize, specials, toons, etc... I am planning on re-writing these lists and offering them up either for free or for $1 or so to raise funds for the site. Would there be any interest in lists like these? How should cars be grouped, by waves? series? desert back 12 and 16 together or separate lists? What other info would be good in a list other than just the name and number of each? should all variants be included? When I put my initial lists together, it took about 4 hours, but I only included the names of each. I think it would also be fun to add in things like who voiced the character, who the character was named after, maybe weight in grams and ounces of packaged and loose, wholy cow these could get big!
    Let me know your thoughts, I'll get started soon if there is any interest in this.

Very interesting... I really should have something like this on my iPhone.

As far as how to organize, I think I'd put Desert Back 12 and Desert Back 16 singles separately... there are also 4 Desert Back Movie Moments.

Some Cars were available on many different cardbacks; others only on one or two (so far)... Some items are only available in a boxed set.

You're right - this could get large quickly... Maybe it's best to start only by listing the name of the Car like you've done.

Many thanks for your efforts.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

I will probably start with desert backs, maybe have sub-lists within it for the 12, 16, and movie moments. I do not own any of those, so I would need help with the weight of each.

Comment

I have pictures of all; I can give you weights of the carded items... but not the loose ones.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

I can't do pictures in the current list program i am using, but I might search around for a different app if that would be important.

Comment

I don't think photos for a phone app are important at this time.

We have a DB12 checklist with photos at: http://www.pixarcarsdiecast.com/foru...-12-Check-List
            We have a DB Movie Moments checklist with photos at: http://www.pixarcarsdiecast.com/foru...nts-Check-List

We don't have a DB16 checklist with photos... nor do we have the Supercharged, World of Cars, or Race O Rama series... I have photos of most of the Final Lap series - I don't have photos of most repeated Cars from the Final Lap series.

Comment

We do have a checklist for all Cars 1 series from DB to Final Lap for cars numbered 1-80. I'm still "working" on the rest...

If you want that info, let me know

Comment

We do have a checklist for all Cars 1 series from DB to Final Lap for cars numbered 1-80. I'm still "working" on the rest...

If you want that info, let me know

Comment

My apologies, MrBrownstone... we do have a great Cars 1 Checklist for Cars 1 through 80:

http://www.pixarcarsdiecast.com/foru...gles-Checklist

Comment

Working...
                  X