No announcement yet.

Howdy! Can anyone help with appraisals?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Howdy! Can anyone help with appraisals?

Hey All,

Totally new to this forum - wish I had joined sooner! Seems like a wealth of knowledge with regards to collecting Cars diecast.

I took a look around trying to find an appraisal section for these collectibles on the forum but I did not see anything. Is there an area I should refer to or a general protocol to follow? I was poking around my bedroom the other night and found under my bed all of my original desert back/desert scene diecast (two complete sets) as well as a complete set of supercharged (I used to work at a Target..). Unfortunately, money is tight and they are not doing anything other than collecting dust so I'd rather someone else enjoy them. All still in the original pristine packaging, never opened and stored in a plastic storage container.

Figured I'd make a post, introduce myself and also try and get some advice before I make an arse of myself posting where I'm not supposed to.

Thanks again!

Welcome!

Do you have both Desert Back 12 and Desert Back 16 sets or 2 sets of the Desert Back 16 Cars? Does that include the Movie Moments or just the singles?

I'd check completed sales on eBay to get an idea on what they're going for... Some of the Desert Back items go for more money depending on whether Fillmore is spelled with 1 L (Filmore) or 2 L (Fillmore).

And as far as the Supercharged Cars, how many Cars total do you have? By knowing the number and a list of all names we might be able to help you out a little more.

And if you do offer them up for sale, you'll create a new post in:

http://www.pixarcarsdiecast.com/foru...php?8-For-Sale

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

Welcome and pm sent. ( message sent).

Comment

Thanks guys - when I get home from work I'll be sure to update you all.

Comment

Be sure to also check the bottom of the Lizzie packages -- some had a Ford logo and some didn't. I forget which one is more rare though...

Comment

Looks like I have three Lizzies (pictures to come). When I was working at Target and collecting, Lizzies and Sarges were the hot ones..same with Leakless and Chick Hicks. Not sure how it is now though..updating momentarily..

Comment

Here they are...

So I was off a bit in my estimate:

DB Cars.jpg

SC Cars.jpg

Looks like in the Desert Scene collection, I have everything but Leak Less..and Fillmore is spelled with two L's, not one. And yes, you're not seeing things..three Lizzies and three Sarges.

Supercharged:

Hamm
              Fabulous Hudson Hornet
              Boost
              Leak Less
              Ramone (yellow flames)
              Dirt Track McQueen
              Ramone (purple flames)
              Brand New Mater
              Radiator Springs McQueen

-------------

Any help with appraisals would be appreciated! Thanks guys.

Comment

Originally posted by CarsGuy1 View Post
                So I was off a bit in my estimate:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]2235[/ATTACH]

Looks like in the Desert Scene collection, I have everything but Leak Less..and Fillmore is spelled with two L's, not one. And yes, you're not seeing things..three Lizzies and three Sarges.

------------

Any help with appraisals would be appreciated! Thanks guys.

On the Desert backs, some may want pics of the back of the card back as well. Many are interested in on the 12 cars on back or only interested in 16 cars on the back. I will also ask you list how Fillmore is spelled on the back. Do they have a "License to Win" logo on the back of the card too! Just some additional info needed before we can determine if rare or really rare

Or you could just sell them all to me for $4 each

I am a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

Originally posted by GOMATERGO View Post
                  On the Desert backs, some may want pics of the back of the card back as well. Many are interested in on the 12 cars on back or only interested in 16 cars on the back. I will also ask you list how Fillmore is spelled on the back. Do they have a "License to Win" logo on the back of the card too! Just some additional info needed before we can determine if rare or really rare

Or you could just sell them all to me for $4 each
                  Ask and ye shall receive

Fillmore is spelled Fillmore on the back. All of my desert scene say "License to Win" on the back and all of them list the 16 cars, not the 12. See attached pictures incoming.

DC1.jpg
                  DC2.jpg
                  DC3.jpg
                  DC4.jpg

Edit: All Lizzies have the Ford emblem on the bottom.
                  Last edited by CarsGuy1; 06-01-2013, 01:54 AM.

Comment

Let me know if you guys need any more info.

Comment

I would guess most of the Desert backs could yield at least $7 - $10 each but a few of them could get $25 to $30 (Fillmore, Lizzie, DJ/Wingo)

Comment

I too would ask for an appraisal:
                        TWO QUESTIONS:
                        Question 1: What is the value of a Case "P"?
                        Question 2: What is the value of a complete set of the first 50 Porta Corsa card backs worth? This set to help reference includes:
                        race team mater
                        finn mcmissile
                        lightning mcqueen with racing wheels
                        francesco bernoulli
                        holley shiftwell
                        professor z
                        jeff gorvette
                        carla veloso
                        raoul caroule
                        guido &
                        luigi
                        acer
                        grem
                        race team fillmore
                        race team sarge
                        rod torque redline
                        miles axlerod
                        petrov trunkov
                        hydraulic ramone
                        nigel gearsley
                        max schnell
                        shu todoroki
                        miguel camino
                        lewis hamilton
                        carlo maserati
                        hudson hornet piston cup lightning mcqueen
                        mel dorado
                        vladimir trunkov
                        radiator springs ramone [chase]
                        victor hugo
                        don crumlin
                        officer murakarmi [chase]
                        becky wheelin [chase]
                        acer with torch [non kmart]
                        kabuto
                        open
                        bindo
                        celine dephare [non kmart]
                        erik lanely
                        cartney brakin [chase]
                        gallopin gear grinder
                        prince wheeliam [chase]
                        otis
                        suki
                        alex vandel [chase]
                        nick cartone
                        fabrizio [chase]
                        alexander hugo with party hat
                        mary esgocar
                        sir harley gassup [chase]

Comment

I don't think i'll ever understand how many Dessert back variations there are and how much each combo is worth. Ha ha.

Ka-Chigga, Ka-Chow, and Ka-Ciao! - DjB

Comment

So I've been checking out various places regarding these collectibles but can't find any rhyme or reason as to what each one is worth.

From what I gather:

Lizzie: 20-40..upwards of 40 depending on really rare..but $20 being the abs. lowest?
                            Sarge: Same as Lizzie..20-40..and upwards of that depending again..
                            Everything Else: $7?

So confused. Really just trying to part with these all in one big bang...need to make a car payment and would rather push them all off at once (at understandably some loss to me) then piece each one out.

Thoughts?

Thanks for all the help again.

Comment

CarsGuy1 - the market has a tendency to change almost every few days as far as what the perceived worth of some Cars items are... If you could find someone who needs the Desert Back 16 Cars, they would be more likely to purchase them all... people who already have them (like me) don't really need another set... people who open may not need any of them except for Lizzie, which hasn't been released for quite a while.

I just finished obtaining the last 7 Final Lap series re-releases to complete the Final Lap series... I only bought the new releases when they first came out - Mater, Sheriff, and Lightning McQueen were the exceptions... I ended up paying almost $100 for the last 7... I could have saved a lot of money had I bought them when they were released... I bought Desert Back 12 and Desert Back 16 Cars a couple of years ago when I decided I wanted them carded... I bought them a few at a time because I didn't find someone selling complete sets at the time... As one of the site administrators and co-owners, my collecting is different than many others... some of our members buy for their children and open... my grandchildren got me started but have outgrown them... I basically just buy what I want and help others... some members of our site and other Cars sites buy what they feel they can make money on - we have eBay power sellers who are members of the Cars sites...

I have thought about completing the Super Charged series, but that is lower priority to me right now than other new Cars (D23 Convoy Brothers, Kmart first to market Deluxe Cars, case G singles)... too many Cars and not enough money.

I will check with a couple friends to see if they are in the market to purchase a set of Desert Back Cars - they had talked about it in the past.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

Working...
                              X