Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do you do when the kids grow up and move on from Cars?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well I can't really say I'd ever stop collecting since its more of a hobby and I never was in the kid age when Cars first came out. But I'd save my collection for my future kids to enjoy. Growing up is one of the saddest fates for toys because like the story of Toy Story 3, they either end up in the trash or donated, or if lucky, given to another child who will love them just as much as the previous child once did.
    "I'm a paderbuilt for dags sake!"

Comment

The children were done for a while and I put them in storage. One day they asked to pull some out, soon it was all of them, and the new ones added while they were in storage. They have come to appreciate them as things to take care of for the long term. A few years ago, I sold my Transformers collection for a nice sum as I had already decided my kids were not going to collect those, and I saw how plastic ages over time. Diecast can last a really, really long time. I plan to keep them in storage as long as needed. I also have slot cars from when I was a kid, how fun 30 years later to race with my children 30 years later. I don't know what these will be worth in 30 years, maybe not much, maybe $1000 each, we'll see. I would think they will appreciate better than Hot Wheels.
      ...Nice pinstripe Sally...

Comment

Who says adults cant collect cars for themselves???

Comment

I agree with Max. As long as it is fun, why not?

Comment

i don't have these problem, after a few week my two boys did't want to collect the cars anymore, but i found these little one's so amazing that i have started a collection of my own... and now with allmost 700 different one's i still like them...

Comment

My son's almost a year and a half now so I have some time before he will out grow them, let alone play with them. I started buying them about a month ago and have put together a nice little collection of all of the "main" characters from both movies and of course planes from that movie.

I was really into transformers as a kid and as I got older I realized that my dad had bought my transformers when I was just a baby. I was born in 84 and grew up playing with G1 transformers that were sold in 84 and 85, something impossible at the time as it was pre-ebay . Now I want to do the same for my son.

My only worry right now is that he won't be into Cars when he becomes old enough. If that happens I'll probably sell them all and buy some "big boy" toys.

Comment

Working...
              X