Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Coming soon... how would you like to win an Ivan?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coming soon... how would you like to win an Ivan?

As the title says... coming soon... how would you like to win an Ivan?

I am assuming that I receive the ones I have sent away for... I'd hate to promise an Ivan and have to substitute a Deluxe Submarine Finn McMissile (or a Dustin Mellows)... but my intentions are good.

And I suppose you'd like to know what you'd have to do to enter the contest, right? I know I would...

Let's just say it involves design... and I'll make the assignment around July 1 (yes, I have been a teacher) and we'll give you 30 days to complete the assignment and enter for a chance to win... the prize (and possibly a few other prizes) will be awarded via a random drawing.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

LOL, I would settle for a Dustin Mellows if theres no Ivan Chris, he has managed to evade my clutches so far lol.

Looking forward to it!

Comment

I think I'm in? I like to know assignments before I agree to do them!

Comment

I'm interested in this.

Ka-Chigga, Ka-Chow, and Ka-Ciao! - DjB

Comment

hmmmm.. Assignment on Cars research? LoL...

Comment

Hmmmm, I have a feeling that the SPIKE in member signatures has motivated a CONTEST!!!

Comment

Originally posted by jestrjef View Post
              Hmmmm, I have a feeling that the SPIKE in member signatures has motivated a CONTEST!!!
              Wow... great guess, jestrjef... I didn't even get a chance to use my next clue(s)...

It has to do with a sign at... a place where people talk about Cars...

It has to do with a sign at... you know, where you share your love of Cars with other Cars-a-holics...

So now that the Car has been released from its plastic prison, I'll mention a little more.

The requirements are your signature must include your member name and it must include pixarcarsdiecast.com or www.pixarcarsdiecast.com in your signature... There have been some fantastic new signatures appearing but not everyone (myself included) has the talent needed to include animation or advanced elements... you don't have to have Photoshop... I intend to work on a new one using the Photobucket editor - it does support inserting images and using layers... If a friend makes or has made your signature, that's fine... my current signature was made by GotFrank over 2 years ago... that qualifies me for the contest... but once again, since I'm providing a prize, I'm not eligible to win (my wife says I need to reduce my Cars inventory, not expand it).

Look for an official thread for the contest entry soon... I'll post one next weekend... to enter the contest, you'll simply create a post (in the thread) that says:

This is my PCD signature and include your signature

So start on your signature design today! And for those of you with recent signatures, yours may already be good to go, as long as it includes your name and the PCD website.

Chris

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

AWESOME!!!! BTW, sorry about guessing what the contest would be so early in the game. Hope I didn't spoil your fun too much. I am the guy at Christmas that picks up each present and calls what is in the box before I open it. My wife HATES that!! LMBO

Comment

I have added a 2nd Ivan to the competition and recommended to Chris we have 2 Top Prizes. 1 for US members and 1 for International members. More details to follow from Chris.

Comment

Wow! Sounds like fun! I was actually attempting to make a signature for the past few days.. I'll see how it turns out. Don't sign me up to win an Ivan since I'm getting my own soon, however if there are other prizes that aren't Ivan I'll gladly enter to win those.

Comment

As for sigs, ill happily take requests for anyone wanting to enter but haven't the time or inclination to design their own sig. Feel free to PM me if you want one.

Comment

jestrjef - good guess about the contest... Great Cars minds think alike... and I can guess Christmas presents as well - I've learned the last few years to deliberately guess incorrectly or say I have no idea.

Scavenger - thank you so much for offering a second Ivan... we'll award one to a US member, and one to an international member.

Bombom77 - your signature and the one you designed for Junior are outstanding and already meet the guidelines for the contest... I would not expect you or anyone else to design from scratch... I know that Decepticog has done some outstanding signatures as well... I'm going to set my new one up using the Photobucket online Editor and will try to offer a hands-on guide for using it, but it may not be this week.

Fillmore1234 - appreciate you wanting to participate - we will have some other prizes as well but I'm not yet sure what they will be.

Again, more details to come... and if anyone else would like to donate a prize, we gladly accept... PCD is what our members make us.

Comment

Originally posted by cac1959 View Post
                          Bombom77 - your signature and the one you designed for Junior are outstanding and already meet the guidelines for the contest... I would not expect you or anyone else to design from scratch... I know that Decepticog has done some outstanding signatures as well... I'm going to set my new one up using the Photobucket online Editor and will try to offer a hands-on guide for using it, but it may not be this week.
                          Hey Chris. Great stuff! As for doing them from scratch, I kinda enjoy it lol.

I've already mocked up a few, using some of the members here, Enzo and Boogity are 2 that ive played around with (hope you guys dont mind lol)

Like I said, I am more than happy to do em should anyone want one

Comment

I tried working on one today and I have come to the conclusion that I stink at Photoshop.

Comment

I've never tried to use Photoshop before. I have no idea where to even start.

signature courtesy of BomBom77
                              http://www.pixarcarsdiecast.com/foru...ars-for-trades

Comment

Working...
                              X