Wishing for retirement and retooling

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wishing for retirement and retooling

Remember how big the first release of Fred was? Then Mattel retired the big mold and produced him more to scale. I sure wish they'd do that with Becky Wheelin - she's gigantic for a Mini.

Any others you can think of that should be right-sized?

I have always thought the haulers should have been larger ... and it would have been nice if they finished them ALL!!

Comment

I think they should have made the helicopters and planes from the cars movie a bit bigger (I know some got the deluxe treatment), ridiculous to sit Cars next to them at almost the same length and more than half the height. For that reason im seriously considering going with the DS planes instead of mattel although im still wrestling with that one.

Comment

Originally posted by Junior View Post
        I think they should have made the helicopters and planes from the cars movie a bit bigger (I know some got the deluxe treatment), ridiculous to sit Cars next to them at almost the same length and more than half the height. For that reason im seriously considering going with the DS planes instead of mattel although im still wrestling with that one.
        Junior, cannot agree with you more on BOTH of your points!

Comment

Agreed also. I have decided to go for DS Planes, at least initially. I may pick up Mattel ones here and there but DS gonna be the first ones, albeit the price of some of em

Comment

Old Fred may have been slightly too big, but new Fred was a Microdrifter! I say bring back old Fred out of retirement!!

Comment

Not so much a size issue as it is a width issue. Sally really bugs me. I wish they'd find a way to trim her down to how she appears in the movies. She's just too wide and flat.

Comment

Originally posted by jcamdenlane View Post
                Not so much a size issue as it is a width issue. Sally really bugs me. I wish they'd find a way to trim her down to how she appears in the movies. She's just too wide and flat.
                They corrected that (and got her a personal trainer and diet plan) for her recent Princess Leia appearance.

DS Sally is also better proportioned.

Comment

Well at least Skipper is a must have mattel one, as he is also in Disney cars toon. I watched the dvd specifically to see how many were in it and hes the only one that I could see. sad I know but true!

Comment

They got Fred right with Otis. And they fixed DJ's wing mirrors on Yokoza... You just gotta wonder sometimes. As for Planes, I bought the Disney Store Skipper for now. And he looks sweet next to my Take Flight "Cars".

Comment

indeed he does GotFrank, im really swaying towards DS for the planes I just hope the eyes on them don't look as bad as they do on some of the cars. I just have to say I love your layout and the little garage things are awesome - what are they made from?

Comment

I just have to say I love your layout and the little garage things are awesome - what are they made from?
                        Many, Many hours of blood, sweat and Benjamins I would imagine Junior! LOL

Either that or card

Comment

The worst scale Car ever HAS to be Disney Store Guido from 2006 or so.

Comment

Junior, I'm assuming you mean the pit boxes. They're the platforms that the crew chiefs sit on during the race. They are made of printed card stock (heavy weight paper), balsa wood & glue. The origins of them can be seen here: http://carsthetoys.yuku.com/topic/79...s#.Ucu6MzuGzLo

Comment

awesome!

Comment

Working...
                              X