Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What are your shopping plans for the launch of Planes toys?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What are your shopping plans for the launch of Planes toys?

It was a little over 2 years ago... we were looking forward to the launch of Mattel's Cars2 product line... May 16, 2011 to be exact.

In February 2011 I was able to purchase the first cases of movie moments, Deluxe, and launchers... right before Easter many of us found singles cases A or B at Family Dollar stores... and some of us even bought prototypes of new Cars2 Cars months in advance of the product launch.

I scheduled a vacation day on May 16 so I could go Cars shopping... I went to Indianapolis after work on the 15th and stopped at a few stores on the way back, hoping I could get new Cars early... I ended up going to a Walmart at 11:30 pm so I could buy at midnight... I went to another Walmart at 1 am and asked them where there Cars toys were? They were surprised that I knew that they had Cars toys that could go on sale on May 16, 2011... I stopped at the local Meijer after that - no Cars and no one who knew anything about them... I went back to Indianapolis a few hours later - I was at a Target at 8 am to get their exclusives, and was at a Toys R US at 9 am when they opened... at 2 pm I went back to the local Meijer and asked what was going on... they finally put out a display 2 days later.

Anyway... Planes toys go on sale in the US Friday morning, June 28... I may or may not go to a Walmart store at midnight... as I have to be in Indianapolis for work Friday morning I will probably be at a Target store at 8 am.... I'll stop at a Toys R US on the way back home... but I'm not taking the day off from work... and I'm hoping more for new Cars to be included with the pallets for the Planes merchandise than I am for the new Planes toys.

What about you? What are your shopping planes for the launch of Planes toys? Will you be at stores when they open? Do you plan on buying all of the new singles and other store exclusives? I'd be surprised if I spend more than $50 on Planes toys this Friday... I intend to buy Ishani... and if I see the aircraft carrier I might buy that... I am a Cars-a-holic, but don't see myself becoming a Planes-a-holic... at least until after I see the movie.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Hmmmm, so much to still decide! I think I will go out Friday morning, maybe hit up a target, walmart, and TRU and call it good. I do plan on collecting these, just hope I don't end up with 500+ of them!

Comment

Chris,
      I spoke with Tonya and she said she has not seem any Planes goodies come in yet. Said she would look tomorrow and call me. Also hearing the same thing with Kmart. I will follow up with them again tomorrow and see what I get.

I do plan on heading out throughout Richmond and will gladly share if you want to head towards Indy and look on your way to work! Let me know and I will stay in touch!

I am a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

I already got what I needed Planes-wise, though I will still be out and about Friday to see the Planes and Cars cubes at Kmart. I'm hoping the Cars cube will have both Case G and the 3 most recent Cases of Micro Drifters in it, though I'm pretty sure that will only happen in my dreams, haha.

Comment

I'll check out Planes while I'm out Cars hunting.
          But these are still a pass for me. I may pick up one or two ... to trade for Cars!

When my son sees the movie then things may change however.

Comment

1. Ignore Mattel merchandise when out and about
            2. Check out Disney Store online frequently
            3. Wait impatiently for them to upload certain standard and deluxe items
            4. Save petrol and time, both expensive commodities right now
            5. Order as per 3. using 20% and free shipping codes
            6. Wait for postman

Comment

I'm making a run for Ishani only to stockpile I only plan on getting the vehicles and I already have Chug & Franz DS versions.

Comment

Originally posted by Fillmore1234 View Post
                I already got what I needed Planes-wise, though I will still be out and about Friday to see the Planes and Cars cubes at Kmart. I'm hoping the Cars cube will have both Case G and the 3 most recent Cases of Micro Drifters in it, though I'm pretty sure that will only happen in my dreams, haha.
                Somebody on FB already posted pics of cars in the cube and it looks like mostly case F stuff. Maybe it will vary from store to store though so I guess we can still dream!! LOL

Im gonna probably get the sets with the Plane and Pity's and maybe a couple singles...my son will enjoy having the hanger and pity for each plane!

Comment

I am NOT going to collect these, but I will probably get the airport and a few planes to give to the boy at Christmas.

Comment

Still on the fence on whether to start a new collection....was leaning towards not doing it.
                    When I saw them at Target, they look a lot smaller than I was expecting.

Comment

Right now, I'm not thinking of buying these...maybe some of the cars/pitties, but it will be my first attempt to take him to the movie theater so depending on how that goes I might get into it...

Comment

I LOVE airplanes, but I am still trying to decide how many of these I'm going to get. My main issue is landing gear. Yes, I know - airplanes spend most of their time on the ground with their landing gear down. But in most cases, landing gear ruins the look of the airplane. They were meant to fly, not sit on the ground. (This means that planes with fixed gear will probably be purchased first). Weird, I know. And I will probably change my mind as soon as I see them in person.

I was a little surprised to see Disney Store planes with permanently extended gear as well. I would have thought for the extra cost that they would add this feature...

Comment

I stopped at a Meijer, a Target, and a Walmart this morning before work... Number of new Cars - 0... Number of Planes items - 0... Hopefully I will have better luck after today's training class.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

Stopped at 2 Walmart, 2 Target and a TRU this morning. TRU had a full end cap set up. They also have a sale going that if you spend $50 you get $10 off. The singles are still cheaper at Walmart even with the sale! 1 Target had nothing on the floor, and no one knew what I was talking about. The other Target had empty pegs set up for singles but the 4 packs and the gift sets were there. Neither Walmart had anything out, but I did speak to one employee in toys and she said they were just about to bring it to the floor. I waited for a moment, and she just decided to invite me inside the stockroom door so I could check it out. I picked up what I needed for a friend at Walmart and Target ... but have not decided if I am going to do these yet ... IDK ... right now, they aren't doing much for me. Maybe after we see the move my interest will be peaked.

Comment

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1372436516.127786.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1372436531.417178.jpg
                              Toys r us

Comment

Working...
                              X