SOTS Racers List

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SOTS Racers List

Does anyone have a list of the SOTS racers from Cars 1 and their associated race numbers?

If you could post them here that would be great (bonus points for putting them in number order)

Here is the information on the Motor Speedway of the South set with the numbers as listed on the box:

Motor Speedway of the South Set - there were 1000 of them made and sold:
    #95: Lightning McQueen, #43: The King, #86: Chick Hicks, #64: RPM, #28: Nitroade, #33: Mood Springs, #35: Shifty Drug, #51: Easy Idle, #63: Transberry Juice, #84: Apple, #79: Retread, #80: Gask-Its, #82: Shiny Wax, #90: Bumper Save, #117: Lil' Torquey Pistons, #121: Clutch Aid, #123: No Stall, #56: Fiber Fuel, #34: Trunk Fresh, #39: View Zeen, #54: Faux Wheel Drive, #8: Dale Jr (determined look), #58: Octane Gain, #4: Tow Cap, #68: N2O Cola, #74: Sidewall Shine, #84: Revolting, #36: Tank Coat, #52: Leak Less, #61: Vitoline, #70: Gasprin, #73: Rev-N-Go, #76: Vinyl Toupee, #92: Sputter Stop, #93: Spare Mint, #101: Tach-O-Mint]

Owners of the SOTS later received a letter from Mattel with a holographic numbered sticker in the format "xxxxx/01000" - mine is 00283 of 01000.

Or do you want the numbers in ascending order?

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

Thanks Chris - I've also sourced a similar list (but a different source) and the race numbers correlate

It's interesting that both Apple and Revolting have the same race number (#84)

List again, but in number order (ascending)

#4: TowCap
      #8: DaleJr.
      #28: Nitroade
      #33: MoodSprings
      #34: TrunkFresh
      #35: ShiftyDrug
      #36: TankCoat
      #39: ViewZeen
      #43: TheKing
      #51: EasyIdle
      #52: LeakLess
      #54: FauxWheelDrive
      #56: FiberFuel
      #58: OctainGain
      #61: Vitoline
      #63: TransberryJuice
      #64: RPM
      #68: n2OCola
      #70: Gasprin
      #73: Rev'n'Go
      #74: SidewallShine
      #76: VinylToupee
      #79: Retread
      #80: Gask-it's
      #82: ShinyWax
      #84: AppleCar
      #84: Revolting
      #86: ChickHicks
      #90: BumperSave
      #92: SputterStop
      #93: Sparemint
      #95: LightningMcQueen
      #101: Tac-o-mint
      #117: Lil'ToqueyPistons
      #121: ClutchAid
      #123: NoStall

Comment

I believe they'd assigned the #84 to Revolting... and then they got the idea to create and permission to use an Apple Car... the original Apple Macintosh computer was released on January 24, 1984 - hence Apple asking for the #84.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

Those Racers were my hardest days of cars collecting.... Still need 74: SidewallShine (have the promo version)
          84: AppleCar (a long with the rest of the collectors)
          101: Tac-o-mint

Comment

Originally posted by Ru5ty View Post
            Those Racers were my hardest days of cars collecting.... Still need 74: SidewallShine (have the promo version)
            84: AppleCar (a long with the rest of the collectors)
            101: Tac-o-mint
            Both of those were videly available for a while in the Disney Store UK Ru5ty (excluding Apple ofcourse)

I've only got one of each otherwise I'd offer you them

Some kind US folk on here may be able to get them from KMart for you (as they were part of KMart Day 5) as I understand that some KMart cars are still onthe pegs

Try advertising in the "Wanted" section

Comment

Will do MrB, DS UK/NI didn't get them or if they did it must have been a very limited quantity & I have missed out... You got a good heart there anyhow MrB... Cheers

Comment

they were definately at my DS (in York) as I bought some for Rippers (he couldn't wait for them to be shipped from the US - which is where I got mine from thanks to a great cars-a-holic)

Comment

I reckon some pesky kid beat ye to them in ds, rusty!

Comment

Must check your collection next time Im down there boogie boy, maybe that pesky kids back on the block lol...

Comment

Working...
                    X