Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• El Materdor

Why is El Materdor so expensive?

He is expensive! I want him really bad too! From what I hear, he was never sold here in the US, and was limited to like 2500 or something like that. I really hope he eventually gets released with the Walmart toons line, but that could be wishful thinking. I'm just not prepared to shell out $400 for one car.
    Last edited by Cars-mom; 07-03-2013, 05:02 PM.

Comment

thanks for the info and $400 is way too much for a toy car

Comment

As Cars-mom mentioned, El Materdor was only released in a very limited basis... friends in the UK and Canada found it, but only for a very short time.

I would love to see the return of El Materdor in a box set with Chuy and Padre.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

Bring on Senoritas Mia & Tia!

Comment

Originally posted by GotFrank View Post
            Bring on Senoritas Mia & Tia!
            I like your suggestion for a box set better, GotFrank... El Materdor with Senoritas Mia and Tia!

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

sometimes during the year you can get El Materdor at the uk ebay for around 110 to 150 pounds (mint on card), but you need a lot of patience to find one. A loose one (near mint condition) is even cheaper. But i also keep my fingers crossed that Mattel will re-release El Materdor someday in the nearer future (maybe together with the padres pitties and Mia and Tia, boys can dream)

Comment

I don't particularly find anything special about El Materdor and would probably pass it up on the pegs if I saw it if not for it being so valuable...I would like a Bessie though!

Comment

ever since Kmart got materhosen and FF mater i have been on this mater kick i got funny car and today Taco truck mater is on his way. so i was looking into mater tales for some more

Comment

He's one of the rarest cars there is - that is why he is so expensive. He could be re-released but it will not be on the same cardback so that version with him will still maintain its value as a collectible for those that have one. I feel your pain as I too have always seen them at $450 and up. But I was able to find a seller that underpriced one on mint card for $250 about 7 months ago and I grabbed it.

Comment

Originally posted by Clearysdad19 View Post
                      ever since Kmart got materhosen and FF mater i have been on this mater kick i got funny car and today Taco truck mater is on his way. so i was looking into mater tales for some more
                      Me to Clearsdad19, we try toll collect all the maters and LMQs. I never realized how many there actually are. We started late in the game with cars 2, so there's no way to go back and get all the earlier cars as there is just too many, so we just stick with new releases and of course maters and LMQs.
                      Last edited by Cars-mom; 07-03-2013, 07:42 PM. Reason: Typo

Comment

Its crazy isn't it. Meanwhile, a month or two ago I saw a whole cadre of Padres (9 or so) in a TRU, just sitting there unwanted.

I settled for DS El Materdor at less than a tenth of the price, and that's including "Picador McQueen" in a nice box set. I even picked up a bargain Chuy recently (itself expensive) and although not quite to scale up against the DS Cars, I somehow don't think my 3-year old will notice. These things are toys.

Comment

I have been lucky with el materdor
                          I have one open and one on card
                          paid $150 and $180 for them

Comment

I have Chuy in package.

Kenny
                            Kenny, age 13

Visit our diecast Pixar Cars and Planes priceguide and checklist:

http://pixarcarspriceguide.com

Comment

Originally posted by carslover View Post
                              I have been lucky with el materdor
                              I have one open and one on card
                              paid $150 and $180 for them
                              Excellent prices! I got mine for $250 and was happy with that given that most are listed for $500

Comment

Working...
                              X