El Materdor

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GotFrank View Post
    He can ask $700. But barring any seriously poor decisions.
    I highly doubt it'll sell at that price. $250 is a lot closer to a sellable price IMO.
    Yes, but asking are growing in price, and offers fewer. So if Mattel did not re-release it, the trend continues, I think, and the sellable price will approach $ 400-500.

But in any case on a same card he will not be released, and thus the price of such a copy is not likely to decrease.
    Last edited by Sapfir; 11-10-2014, 03:42 AM.

Comment

If Mattel re-releases El Materdor (or any other rare or hard to find card), the number of people willing to pay a higher price for the older version is going to decrease... Most of us would rather pay $10 to $20 for a new El Materdor than the high price for the existing version... the same applies to Cars like Race Damaged Mood Springs (RDMS), Bessie, and Chuy... If I needed a RDMS to complete a Final Lap collection I'd pay the $60 to $120 price that many are asking... if I'm going to open one, I'd pay less for the re-released version.

I believe El Materdor was only released in Canada and the UK (it might have been released in Europe)... I think we'll see it in the US eventually... can you imagine a 3 pack with El Materdor, Padre, and Chuy? Or make it a 5 pack and include Senorita Mia and Tia... or a 6 pack and also add the McQueen... not holding my breath on that one.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

That would be fine. But something tells me that this will not happen. How ever we do not see re-release iCar or Surfin John Lassetire. Why?

Because the policy Mattel has oriented to creation of partial deficiency to enhance the status of these models. So some models will never be re-release. For example, why Mattel there still did not made a some of models that appeared in DS? To buy those and other series. More money for his business.

Comment

Originally posted by Sapfir View Post
          That would be fine. But something tells me that this will not happen. How ever we do not see re-release iCar or Surfin John Lassetire. Why?
          Well, Apple's licensing issues & the Speedway of the South being a limited production/exclusive. The Apple iCar is very unlikely to ever re-release.
          And the Surfin' Safari John Lassetire was never released. It was given to PIXAR employees by John Lasseter.
          So a retail version is vastly improbable.

Neither of those Cars have much in common with El Materdor IMO.

I'm fully onboard with Mattel manufacturing a sense of urgency. Although I think it's a fallacious marketing tool.
          And only makes it harder for us collectors.

Comment

That's right, yes. But in any case, these cars are made by Mattel, and therefore are desirable for collectors. In terms of the collector low availability iCar and unavailability Surfin J.L. only increase interest. Do you agree? But this, of course, already on the verge of the disease.

Therefore El Materdor - a model with an artificial scarcity. And maybe in Mattel just forgot about it. As they forgot about many other characters.
            Last edited by Sapfir; 11-11-2014, 04:09 AM.

Comment

Do they have "the carrot & the stick" in Russia? Where you tie a carrot to the end of a stick. Then extend the carrot out in front of the beast of burden. In order to entice it to move forward. That's pretty much Mattel's game plan IMO.

And yes Taco Truck Mater & Taia Decotura are very similar in their mysterious releases.
              But it's still prudent not to commit to something having great value. Things change quick with a new release or six. Rip Clutchgoneski went from red hot to peg warmer pretty quick. For me personally $400 for a toy will always be crazy money. Not saying it doesn't work for others. But short of a lottery win... Or buried pirate booty in my backyard. It just isn't a reality for me.

Comment

You're right, I agree. Pay for a small metal toy $ 400 is a lot.

However, here we are talking about collectibles. A price for them, as is known, determined by a large number of factors. When released SOTS it cost to subscribers a little more than $ 350. And today its price on ebay approached the $ 2500. Yes, at this price it is not yet buy, but $ 1700-1800 has a very real cost.

Or why philatelists pay hundreds of thousands dollars for a piece of paper? The reason is the same - a collection. Cars, certainly not the postage stamps. But who knows, maybe then the price of the complete collection of cars will reach great heights.

Comment

I'd say the Postal Service wouldn't re-release the Inverted Jenny like Mattel would. But they did in 2013. That being said I don't think it affected the price of the original any.

Yes they are collectable, no argument there. But they are are a highly unstable investment in my experience.

Comment

I agree with you. Wait and, we'll see. Of course, to pay $ 400 today is the risk. But if it does not re-release, this risk will be justified. This way only makes this game called "pixar cars collecting" more interesting.

Comment

For those who can spend $400 on a toy...
                      Which is a very small percentage of the collector community, I would hazard to guess.

Comment

Nevertheless people are paying $ 1800 for SOTS.

Comment

By the way, that's asking $3500 for a toy

This business is based on collecting. Normal situation. This as well as postage stamps. Just such a car is definitely not to be re-released with this card.

Comment

Asking ain't getting.

Comment

Working...
                            X