Cars & Planes Font Identification Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cars & Planes Font Identification Thread

I don't know if theres a thread like this, so apologies if there is.

I thought it may be useful if we were able to identify the fonts that are used in signage throughout the Cars and Planes films.

For example, I am sure that most people are aware that the closest match to the "Cars" font is Magneto

MagnetoBold.jpg Cars-Logo.jpg

I have also found the Dinoco font

EagleBold.jpg Dinoco-logo-single.jpg

Has anyone else come across any others?

I've been searching for the Radiator Springs font from the billboard "Welcome to Radiator Springs" as well as the same type of billboard for Propwash Junction.

Feel free to add any that you know.

Wow... awesome investigation work, BomBom77!

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

BomBom my friend, you could be turning this into the new trainspotting! There cant be much good on TV in the valleys boyo! lol

Comment

LOL, that there isnt mate! I tend to watch all my progs on the PC anyhow. Always makes me laugh when folk talk about the latest happenings on shows like Game of Thrones or Spartacus etc and I've seen it anywhere from a week to 2-3 months ago LOL.

In all seriousness though, I guess this may only appeal to people who either customise cars or, like me, like to play about with images and font etc.

You never know though!

Also, I think I have identified Fillmore's Taste in font, its Bellbottom Laser (or, if its not, its damn close lol)

Bellbottom-Laser.jpg l.jpg

Comment

Lol, good detective work as Chris said, I was just messin with ya! Im gonna attempt my own custom soon, I don't hold out high hopes tho, the idea of how it looks in my head and the reality of how it looks when im finished are two different things - if I need any help working out a font - I know where to come to!

Comment

Working...
          X