Updates on Case H

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Updates on Case H

Wanted to pass along some info to the board here. I received a bunch of the new case H the other day and assortment is different than published. There is a Lightning Ramone in the box which is not in the original list. Here are the revised contents. Also, Mattel reverted back to their inconsistency with the assortment. Several I opened had very strange assortments. For example, in one case I opened there were 3 RIPS (that's great!), 2 Donna Pits, but no Snot Rods, no security Finn, and no Lewis Hamilton. They threw in of course extra Mcqueens. So of 10 I opened, 7 had the correct listing below, 2 were slightly different, and 1 wasn't even close. Just a heads up.

Y0471-999H
    [1] Rip Clutchgoneski
    [2] Lewis Hamilton
    [2] Lightning McQueen
    [2] Cruisin' McQueen
    [2] Snot Rod with Flames
    [2] Kabuto
    [1] Suki
    [1] Race Tow Truck Tom
    [1] Flo
    [1] Body Shop Ramone
    [1]Security Guard Finn
    [1]Grem with Weapon
    [1]Lightning Ramone
    [1]Tubbs Pacer
    [1]Francesca
    [1]Donna Pitts
    [2]Victor Paveone
    [1]Brand New Mater

Thanks for the update! Popemobile, where did you decide to buy your cases??

Comment

Would love to see pics of the wrong assortments! It's always fun to see Mattel mess up on stuff like that.
      It's almost like you got an error Case!

Comment

Originally posted by Fillmore1234 View Post
        Would love to see pics of the wrong assortments! It's always fun to see Mattel mess up on stuff like that.
        It's almost like you got an error Case!
        I didn't photo them - I just emptied the cases and put the cars with their like in other bins I have.

Comment

Originally posted by jestrjef View Post
          Thanks for the update! Popemobile, where did you decide to buy your cases??
          I buy through a wholesaler. Can't say more here cause the intent of the thread is just to inform people on Case H updates and I don't want to be misinterpreted as selling. Thx!

Comment

Originally posted by PopeMobile View Post
            I buy through a wholesaler. Can't say more here cause the intent of the thread is just to inform people on Case H updates and I don't want to be misinterpreted as selling. Thx!
            Ahh, okay! just wondering ... been thinking of buying a few cases myself.

Comment

Thanks for the update on the case content, Popemobile...I'd be disappointed in a case H with no Snot Rod with Flames.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

Also wanted to add that the new case H was packed on Feb 28th this year - that's the date stamp code on the cases I have. So about 5 months to get to market.

Comment

And they wonder why some people move on from Cars... 5 months from the cases being packed to getting to market... that is slower than a non-Turbo snail pace.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

Yep, it means when we were just seeing case B and C arrive at retailers, Mattel had already produced and packed cases D, F, G, and H (and possibly R). I think it's a sign that stores are still not ordering as much Cars product as before hence the cases build up.

Comment

Originally posted by PopeMobile View Post
                      Yep, it means when we were just seeing case B and C arrive at retailers, Mattel had already produced and packed cases D, F, G, and H (and possibly R). I think it's a sign that stores are still not ordering as much Cars product as before hence the cases build up.
                      Definitely true on the last statement. If you can't even get a Walmart or Kmart to order Cases in when the Pegs are EMPTY, then that's a sign that stores are still scarred from all the Finn McMissiles and Maters they got in 2011. And you can definitely tell that not as many people are collecting if people are saying that Cars from the newest Case are beginning to be Pegwarmers. (Darrell Cartrip and Edwin Kranks)

Comment

We know that box stores are not ordering as many cases as before. Mattel can blame themselves for choking off their OWN sales with mediocre to BAD case assortments that leave the pegs crammed with things that will not sell. Clogged pegs equal NO REORDERS ... NO REORDERS cause Mattel Case BACK LOGS , reorganizing and possible cancelations ... making it look like there is no DEMAND for Cars product. You would think Mattel would realize that! So frustrating ... the new product sells ... and if Mattel wasn't sure about that, just check out the secondary market prices that MATTEL is creating. They are MAKING money for OTHERS instead of making it for themselves! Give the public what they want ... new cars for everyone!! GRRRR .... sorry .... must get off of soap box now .... it drives me crazy lolol

Comment

Well said, jestrjef...

Mentioned in other threads... but we'll post it here... 2013 singles case H has now been found at Target, Toys R US, and Walmart stores...it still hasn't been found everywhere, but it has been found east of the Mississippi...

Comment

Originally posted by cac1959 View Post
                            Well said, jestrjef...

Mentioned in other threads... but we'll post it here... 2013 singles case H has now been found at Target, Toys R US, and Walmart stores...it still hasn't been found everywhere, but it has been found east of the Mississippi...
                            Good to know, had not heard about Walmart...the ones around here have had nothing new in a month...

Comment

Originally posted by jestrjef View Post
                              Give the public what they want ... new cars for everyone!!
                              Unfortunately I'm seeing a lot of weakening demand even for the new cars. Cars like Franca, Jonathan Wrenchworths, etc were hot back in march but now are pegwarmers in the stores and no secondary market for them as well. Even Harumi who was a 'must have' from case F is one I now bypass on the pegs as I know I can't trade it for more than a $6 car in return value. The funny thing is that if Mattel ever kills the line you will see these cars have prices that go way up on the secondary market (i.e. like Color Changers). I agree with you guys that stores not reordering is the key thing here. My local Target yesterday had only 4 pegs for Cars and most of the rest of the aisle reserved for Planes. Out with the old, in with the new. I still say Mattel will be canceling cases this year (likely J and K) and we'll see a lot of 2013 stock on liquidation come year-end.

Comment

Working...
                              X