No announcement yet.

Singles case with Super Chase Yukio found in a US store: 7/12/13

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd like to know the numbers behind a Chase vs. a Super Chase. i.e. is a Super Chase really produced in limited numbers?

Comment

Originally posted by PopeMobile View Post
      I'd like to know the numbers behind a Chase vs. a Super Chase. i.e. is a Super Chase really produced in limited numbers?
      Good question, PopeMobile... here's what I know.

Originally when Mattel started with Chase Cars, they were selling 15,000 to 20,000 of each singles case... each case was to have 1 Chase Car... due to case assortments and distribution, they received fewer orders - hence, we started seeing 2 to 3 of each Chase Car in each case... Chase Cars were to be like the basic Hot Wheels Treasure Hunts.

Super Chases were to be even more rare than Chase Cars... the original plan was for Mattel to include 4000 Super Chase Cars in say 20,000 cases... or 1 in every 5 cases would contain a Super Chase... but again, due to case assortments and distribution (retailers saying no), every case contained a Super Chase and up until very recently, you didn't find Super Chase Cars in stores.

So in theory, there were supposedly 15,000 to 20,000 of each Chase Car, and 4000 (perhaps later 2000) of each Super Chase Car.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

Working...
      X