Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The truth about Sally

Hey everybody,

Today, my first Sally arrived. I had a really hard time figuring out which Sally I wanted to collect (first). The one from Disney Stores? Or the one of the Mattel versions? I could not choose. To be honest, from all the diecast cars I have seen so far, I think that Sally is the one that does not really look like it came out of the movie. The Disney Store version (Cars 2) of Sally looks great, but then, the headlights. It just irritates me that it does not match with the movie.

Finally, I have chosen for the slot car of Carrera Go. I think the slot car (1:43) matches the movie best. It looks great!

However, the scale of the slot car does not really fit with the rest of my collection. Most cars I have collected are the 1:55 scale of Mattel and some 1:43 from Disney Store. My Sally is exactly in between. So, now I just decided that I want another Sally I was already afraid of this..I always said to myself that I only wanted one Ramone, but then, I just really like Ramone and the way he appears in so many colours! I just can't resist. So that did not worked out, now I have Ramone in several colours.

I really need advice and would like to hear some opinions. Which Sally does match the movie best? What is your opinion about all the diecasts made from Sally? Which one do you like best?

Yep, Mattel Sally too wide, DS Sally perfect shape but scale not to everyone's taste, Tomy Takara too small.

It might not be canon but Princess Leia Sally (the recent Star Wars Cars release) is supposed to be the best of both worlds; i.e. shape of DS, size of Mattel.

So , on that basis alone that would get my vote in your position.

Comment

Mattel's Snow Day Sally has decent headlight decals. But beyond that pretty much the same proportion issues you mentioned. It's a pickle!

Comment

Thank you GotFrank and Enzo for the suggestions! I am not planning to collect the Stars Wars figures. Really would like to have the Snow Day Sally. I think I will keep it with the Carrera Go Sally for now There is too much on my wanted list that must be bought/collected first!

Comment

Working...
        X